I like cats. I dislike cat owners. Please help

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
I sympathize because we have a lot of cats that trespass in our yard. I do not understand the logic of cat owners that think this is OK. We chase them out but it doesn’t do anything. Fortunately never had an actual problem yet.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It would take a long time
I remember when this all started.
I was catching these cool. Exotic pet store lizards and catching exotic fishes and seeing exotic birds.
Now they are all just part of the landscape.
I liken it to the excitement of falling in love...And then being married for 10 years.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I had a turkey, his name was Buddy. When he was young he started roosting on my wife's car, but after time he got so fat he couldn't get up onto the hood. I was really surprised how much damage one bird could do in a short time to red paint. Never had a problem with cats on a car though.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
There seems to be an unwritten rule that if you own a cat, its perfectly acceptable to let it free range the neighborhood, peeing and pooping anywhere but in the probably non existent litterbox at the owners residence.
Since these same people would very likely be unhappy if I allowed my dog to use their property for her personal latrine, I don't see how anyone would even attempt to justify this.
Yet it is very common.
I like animals.
I'm a protector of animals.
This is my current situation:
I'm used to finding ocean death scented butt sausages in my yard and in my flower beds. But now there is a new cat that sits on the hood of my truck and my car and pees on the windshield. So that the pungent smell enters the vehicle if I choose to use the air conditioning. Which is mandatory most days here.
This cat has also been peeing on and sharpening his or her claws on my wifes car which has a convertible roof. Doing damage.
I do not want to harm the cat. Or trap it and relocate it. But I don't know what else to do.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Sorry my friend... but it looks like....
You now own a cat. ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I've often said "IF YOUR CAT LIVES IN MY YARD, IT'S MY CAT".
But so far, I haven't advanced that theory.

Something is with this cat...?
He seems to want to be with YOU and YOUR WIFE for some reason?
Maybe if your nice to him he will stop peeing on your cars?
Also, a spray bottle with just PLAIN WATER does a good job if you spray him on his face.? Just a non violent suggestion as a posed to the others suggestions... ?
I just can’t bring myself to hurt ANY animal.
Destructive or not..
There is a reason for why he is being a pain in the a**.
Maybe he wants you to look for his owner?
?????????

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Something is with this cat...?
He seems to want to be with YOU and YOUR WIFE for some reason?
Maybe if your nice to him he will stop peeing on your cars?
Also, a spray bottle with just PLAIN WATER does a good job if you spray him on his face.? Just a non violent suggestion as a posed to the others suggestions... ?
I just can’t bring myself to hurt ANY animal.
Destructive or not..
There is a reason for why he is being a pain in the a**.
Maybe he wants you to look for his owner?
?????????
I can't get anywhere near him/her.
I watched him last night prowling the sidewalk.
He's huge and he's not socialized

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry my friend... but it looks like....
You now own a cat. ??
First trap it. Then take his picture and start hanging them around. In the mean time, having a male cat neutered is not expensive. Then when his owners come to get him, you present them with a bill for damage to your wife's car(u know how I feel about that), and the neutering. If they make a fuss, you've got a cat for a while...adopt him out, old ladies will want a cat already neutered. Problem solved...lol