I left the tank lid open

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Doing laundry so thought the tort could benefit from the humidity and left the lid open 3 inches. This is what I found. (Don't worry, kitty was in less then a minute, he just likes the heat)

Ok well great, my pics won't load. :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
When I read the title, my heart sank a bit. I thought something had gotten your tortoise or he escaped. :( Glad it's sounding more like you have a cat like mine, who has taken those few inches to allow herself to climb into the enclosure for a bit of kitty basking. :D

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1386975848.967700.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1386975861.362713.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1386975871.729133.jpg
The cats always like sitting on the lid because it warms up. The other day the lid was completely off and I watched my cat jump up and fall in very shocked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hahaha, that funny... My mom has 7 cats, and one of them likes to sleep on the turtles tank (no doubt licking her lips in her dreams)

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
My cats love to watch Billie when I am giving her a bath. The have never tried to do anything other than sniff at her. Just like to watch . They also sit on the table by her enclosure and watch her roam around or eat.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a cute little munchkin. Is he one of those wild but domesticated breeds?

My sister, Maggie3fan, has a cat that continually sleeps under the tortoise light. She (the cat) even comes and meows at Maggie when the baby tortoise is in trouble.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
What a cute little munchkin. Is he one of those wild but domesticated breeds?

My sister, Maggie3fan, has a cat that continually sleeps under the tortoise light. She (the cat) even comes and meows at Maggie when the baby tortoise is in trouble.

Yes, he is a bengal