I know people struggle getting hold of Optunia Cactus In UK...NO LONGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Have you tried contacting Mazuri and talking to them about shipping/selling to the UK? Maybe they would do it, if you could get a bunch of you to place one big order. Also, try talking to a feed store in your area and see if they would talk to them and see if they could start selling it. Good luck, hopefully it will get there soon.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Thankyou, and no i havn't im always ringing people enquiring so i'll ad it to my list :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
If I recall correctly, it's not that Mazuri does not want to be sold over there, it's that because of what it is made out of it can not be sold over there. So they would either have to start making it there or UK laws would have to change.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
wellington said:
Have you tried contacting Mazuri and talking to them about shipping/selling to the UK? Maybe they would do it, if you could get a bunch of you to place one big order. Also, try talking to a feed store in your area and see if they would talk to them and see if they could start selling it. Good luck, hopefully it will get there soon.

One of our UK members said that Mazuri can't be sold in the UK because it contains honey and in the UK it is against the law to import honey products. The only way Mazuri will make it to the UK is if they start making it there :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sure would be a honey of a deal for tortoise owners, if they would open a plant there...

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
futureleopardtortoise said:
wellington said:

One of our UK members said that Mazuri can't be sold in the UK because it contains honey and in the UK it is against the law to import honey products. The only way Mazuri will make it to the UK is if they start making it there :(

.... And then a few posts later in the 'Honey' thread another member states that Mazuri is made with molasses, not honey.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Edna said:
futureleopardtortoise said:
wellington said:

.... And then a few posts later in the 'Honey' thread another member states that Mazuri is made with molasses, not honey.

hmm, maybe there is another bee ingredient in it or something.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Mazuri Tortoise Diet Ingredients:

Ingredients
Ground Soybean Hulls, Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Oats, Wheat Middlings, Cane Molasses, Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholecalciferol, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Nicotinic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (a Preservative), Ferrous Carbonate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Rosemary Extract, Lecithin, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.

Mazuri is sold in the EU/UK as NutraZu.

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
I've been looking and trying for ages. I was lead to believe it was honey but it isn't (as above) there is something in it that cannot be imported but I have yet to figure out what it is! I ordered "agrobs" from Denmark, but it's nothing like it:p its got loads of good things in though. the nearest over here are the "komodo" tortoise food, pretty good stuff

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
clare n said:
I've been looking and trying for ages. I was lead to believe it was honey but it isn't (as above) there is something in it that cannot be imported but I have yet to figure out what it is! I ordered "agrobs" from Denmark, but it's nothing like it:p its got loads of good things in though. the nearest over here are the "komodo" tortoise food, pretty good stuff

Just wondering, Clare. Did you try to get the NutraZu? It's produced by PMI for sale in the EU/UK. Same as Mazuri.

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
I didn't Edna no, but I will do, it's something I came across a while back and had trouble finding, having checked again it seems more available now. Summer here isn't desperate there are loads of things in the garden for them,it's just a back up for a bad winter really just in case, handy to have about. We had terrible snow last year it lasted a good couple of months, our winters seem to get worse with every year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.