I have cheated plant identification!

Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, Ca
So, i have a somewhat of a green thumb, my husband has 2 green thumbs but i have never really cared what they were only that the plants worked in a space and grew well. I knew i had to do a bit better since i am responsible for the lives of plant eaters. I couldn’t tell one species from another though its an overwhelming project. So I found an App that does it!! It’s called picture This plant identifier and I’m in love with it. It does cost 29.00 a year but in my opinion so worth it!

Attachments

• 5B57B5DF-66A5-4FC6-9A44-89DE24D06DD0.png
    5B57B5DF-66A5-4FC6-9A44-89DE24D06DD0.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 27
Fresno, Ca
After i posted this i though, you all probably know this.... maybe i need to go to the Nut house for a while ?

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
I am obsessed with this app as well. Have been subscribed for at least 9 months now. If you do not pay for the app you do not get the full database. Anyways.... I’ve tested with several plants I had and the picture this app identified correctly. Yes there were probably 2 maybe 3 it gave me a few options on, so a bit more research and it was confirmed. The picture this insect app gives me multiple possibilities each time, possibly because I don’t pay for that one.
Yet... hehe

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
These apps are great for ID’ing common weeds which is what I use them for. I am on track to save probably $75 a year on tortoise food, thanks to them.

Use caution, as some plants are misidentified. This seems to usually consist of a more common look alike being given as a match for a less common plant. If you want to be sure, waiting until the plant has flowers seems to greatly improve the odds of a proper ID.

Fresno, Ca
These apps are great for ID’ing common weeds which is what I use them for. I am on track to save probably $75 a year on tortoise food, thanks to them.

Use caution, as some plants are misidentified. This seems to usually consist of a more common look alike being given as a match for a less common plant. If you want to be sure, waiting until the plant has flowers seems to greatly improve the odds of a proper ID.
I did notice the ones with flowers identified much faster

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I also use Leaf Snap which also gives you a couple of different pictures to choose from. It is able to identify about 3 out of 5 pictures for me because I live in Hawaii. We have some strange plants. Most of the strange plants also go by a different name here. Good luck!