I had my first problem and im kinda freaked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
That's why the xray comes in super handy. You can see what is going on inside your poor little tortie. Then you would know if there were anymore. Also, it can tell you if there are any stones in her bladder. Kinda helps you know how to help the tortoise. Like if you should give her the mineral oil. I knew Daisy had more stones, but we didn't know how big they were. I am still giving Daisy Lou the mineral oil and I will until her next xray. I think it REALLY helps!

I hope your tortie does not have anymore, it's so sad to see them go thru that! Make sure you keep her really hydrated!!

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
yeah i will i soak twice a day most days,how much did it cost you for a check up? any suggestions on a vet? also i was wondering your tortoise wit the stones is it a star ? and is it a juvenile or hatchling?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Daisy Lou is an older CDT. She was horribly neglected and not taken care of at all.

The first xray was $48.00
The second vet was $40.00
The recheck visit this week was $31.50
Fecal flotation was $24.90
Pancur $12.00

Not too bad. They did want to charge me $160.00 for an xray, so I said no, I'll just go to the other vet. I know what I am looking for.

I hope you little one feels better soon!! :D Mary Anne

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
thanks,thats not too bad money wise i should be able swing that, i make decent money tattooing.....And yeah i hope he stays well too like i said hes super healthy other than that,really aware and right after he passed it he went back to eatn and even walked around for awhile before retireing to hhis hideout.

ruanda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Portugal
Excelent topic!!!;)

Thank you all for sharing!;)

geekinpink

5 Year Member
Is it common for torts to have kidney stones? How will it be prevented?? I like this topic, scares me a little bit though...

Status
Not open for further replies.