I got my new baby yesterday!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessbubblegum

5 Year Member
Here's the story: I've been wanting a Russian tortoise for a while. I was planning on getting one for my birthday in May. My mom was looking on Craigslist yesterday morning and saw an add for a 2year old female(?) russian tortoise! Well we went to go look at her because the owner was close to our neighborhood. When I saw the tort, I fell MADLY in love with her. I got to hold her, and she wasn't at all shy! My mom bought her for me (only $80) as an early birthday present which I really appreciate. BEST PRESENT EVER. Her owner gave me her home for free, which was a blue rubbermaid tub with a hidy-house, some rocks, and some substrate in it. She wasn't nervous at all when I brought her home. She was running around and eating, and I let her run completely across my living room carpet. I have a cat, who of course was curious. Now my cat is mad at me because any time she came near my tort, I'd spray her with water(which she hates.)

I fed her some fancy lettuce I found in my fridge, which was some purple lettuce and stuff that comes in a spring mix.
The name she came with was Roxy. I'm thinking of naming her after a candy...either Snickers, Tortilla(not a candy, I know), Kit Kat, Twizzler, Twix, or Tootsie roll.. Anybody have any other good candy names or like any of my suggestions? :tort:

I love her so much :)

tumblr_m08e31tAuB1rqtqgxo1_500.jpg

Attachments

• Day 2f.JPG
    Day 2f.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Sounds like you have a wonderful Mom! Your new friend, is older then two years old from her looks. Glad your here.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

You have a great mom and congrats..

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) you and your tortoise are lucky to have each other what an awsome Mom you have :) I like the name tootsie rool

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WELCOME:D and Congrats. How about tortie roll in place of tootsie roll:p. I actually like Snickers or Twix or how about Rollo:D.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi princessbubblegum:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Nice looking tortoise.

What would you like us to call you?...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

(This thread gives us a few more ideas for ExoticsDr's baby Roo: Tooootsie Rooooll and Roooollo)

princessbubblegum

5 Year Member
You can call me Kate or bubblegum..whichever you prefer.

I live in southern california (san diego)

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
ada caro said:
Welcome to the forum.

very nice birthday present, hey how about Hershey well that is what I am called around our house and just because I pretty much live on them.

Jessie

5 Year Member
Yay... Russians rock! She is a pretty little girl. Congrats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.