I forgot to feed my tortoise!

byviolet

I travelled to another city today but I somehow forgot to feed my 4 month old redfoot before I left. I will be back at dawn tomorrow, but if he is not okay without being fed for a day I can rush back as my house is 4 hours away. Is he okay to go a day without feeding for a day or should I drive back now?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, he will be fine. Maybe a little mad at you, but fine and he'll get over it as soon as you feed him tomorrow.

ellen

5 Year Member
Sonoran Desert
No way! The same thing happened to me today! I got so caught up trying to identify a new potential food that I forgot to give them food. Lol! I quickly fixed the situation since it had only been a couple hours, but they weren't too impressed.

I never did find out what kind of plant it was either... I have three that are like that right now...

EDIT: No way. I found it! :D Only two left to identify now.

Last edited:

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
it's fine sometimes i'll take off for the weekend 2-3 days i just make sure there is fresh water and i feed a larger amount then normal when i get back he's always waiting for me right in the feeding area

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I sometimes forget to feed my russian, and feel really horrible afterward when I realize, but doesn't hold grudges and is immediately forgives me when I give an extra large portion in the morning :D