I Finally Found My People!!!

klk.2

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, Texas
Hi! My name is Kayla, i'm from Texas. about a few weeks ago I got my very first tortoise! It took about 3 months of researching and preparing and now I have a 3 inch Sulcata hatchling!! his/her name is Harley well my mom wants to call it Taco and my dad likes Shelby and my brother likes George but his/her name is gonna be Harley! Feel free to introduce yourself below so I can meet some new friends and your little tortoise!!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Welcome Kayla! I don't have a little tortoise, just a great big sulcata named Charlie. He is 18 years old. Someday your little Harley will be as big as him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. I don't have a sulcata but leopards and a Russian. Be sure to have done your research on its care from this forum. We have the proper upto date info to raise it nice and healthy and smooth.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Kayla, welcome to a fellow Texan from Austin area. No sulcata here, instead couple of cutest/sweetest ever Redfotted torts:ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501772687.119958.jpg Shellie(the darker shell with tan/yellow head), and Tucker (Lighter shell with red head) I absolutely LOVE them!!!

Beep-Beep

Hong Kong
Howdy Kayla, welcome to tortoiseforum !
I'm also brand new to all of this, been a tort keeper for a week and already made each and every mistake there is to be made (the small ones).
Luckily, there is always someone to point in the right direction right here.

Cheers,
Beep-Beep

klk.2

Dallas, Texas
Welcome Kayla! I don't have a little tortoise, just a great big sulcata named Charlie. He is 18 years old. Someday your little Harley will be as big as him.

How much does Charlie weigh? Harley currently weighs slightly more than one ounce.

klk.2

Dallas, Texas
Hello and Welcome. I don't have a sulcata but leopards and a Russian. Be sure to have done your research on its care from this forum. We have the proper upto date info to raise it nice and healthy and smooth.

Thank you for the advice! Personally i love reading all the articles!!:D

klk.2

Dallas, Texas
Hello Kayla, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Harley.:)
Make sure you have read http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
as well as http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/
Loads good info, there.
I am usually Adam and have a gorgeous Greek Superstar tortoise called Tidgy.
Here she is :
View attachment 214451

Thank you for all the sites. I've read every single site and learned a bunch!! I appreciate you sharing.

klk.2

Dallas, Texas
Hi Kayla, welcome to a fellow Texan from Austin area. No sulcata here, instead couple of cutest/sweetest ever Redfotted torts:View attachment 214464 Shellie(the darker shell with tan/yellow head), and Tucker (Lighter shell with red head) I absolutely LOVE them!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I almost got a red footed tort instead of a sulcata but ended up going with the sulcata. Your torts are gorgeous!!

klk.2

Dallas, Texas
Howdy Kayla, welcome to tortoiseforum !
I'm also brand new to all of this, been a tort keeper for a week and already made each and every mistake there is to be made (the small ones).
Luckily, there is always someone to point in the right direction right here.

Cheers,
Beep-Beep

Hello!! What tortoise do you have?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Thank you for the warm welcome! I almost got a red footed tort instead of a sulcata but ended up going with the sulcata. Your torts are gorgeous!!
Thank you Kayla. I'd love to have a big sulcata roaming in my garden but we are in suburbs and don't have the acreage for him/her to graze on. I also didn't think I'd like it if he/she trampled all my gorgeous flowers or eat them to the ground:) With the smaller RFs I can have both: torts and my flowers, it was for practical reasons and today-2 yrs later I love those RFs to pieces! They are so adorable!