I finally found mulberry trees!

EllyMae

Location (City and/or State)
Shellman, GA
I was in town for some errands. I drove by a nursery that I hadn't checked before. I turned around, and drove in. They had two mulberry trees left! One was healthy but puny. The good one was $20. I asked if I took them both if he'd give me a deal. Now I have two mulberry trees for $25!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was in town for some errands. I drove by a nursery that I hadn't checked before. I turned around, and drove in. They had two mulberry trees left! One was healthy but puny. The good one was $20. I asked if I took them both if he'd give me a deal. Now I have two mulberry trees for $25!
That's a great deal. We pay $65 for a 4 foot tall baby tree here.

Liggysasha

Cape Coral
That is an awesome deal! Well done. I just got a very tall mulberry from Home Depot for $60. Not exactly sure how tall, but way over 8'. Fingers crossed I don't kill it!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
WELL DONE, YOU!!! :)?

EllyMae

Shellman, GA
I've thought of getting a mulberry tree for Elsa (Eastern Hermann's) but I'm not sure how well they would grow in Louisiana...?‍♀️

Different varieties will grow from zones 4-8.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I have a few wild ones growing around our property, I believe self-seeded from our neighbors very very large Mulberry tree that boarders our property line. Once it cools down (in the middle of a MD heat wave) i should dig up & transplant. Problem is, I’ll forget to do it!

EllyMae

Shellman, GA
They’re not big, but still a great deal!

Attachments

• 96140250-1DC7-4E8B-BE37-329403B1441C.jpeg
    96140250-1DC7-4E8B-BE37-329403B1441C.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 39

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
I've thought of getting a mulberry tree for Elsa (Eastern Hermann's) but I'm not sure how well they would grow in Louisiana...?‍♀️

They can grow there, as both M rubra and M alba grow in Florida. For anywhere in the southeast except Florida, the ideal time to plant or transplant one is probably after leaves drop in fall, and the worst time is mid summer.

Last edited:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
They can grow there, as both M rubra and M alba grow in Florida. For anywhere in the southeast except Florida, the ideal time to plant or transplant one is probably after leaves drop in fall, and the worst time is mid summer.
Thanks!?