I don't know what happened...

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
My dear sweet Chug has died in brumation.

I have no clue what happened. The weather here has not been cooperative, so I set up a temporary enclosure for him inside. The plan was to keep him in for a week or two until it was warmer outside.

I turned off his fridge last evening to let him start to warm up. I did not touch him. This morning I took his bin out of his fridge, and he was dead, very stiff, eyes deeply sunken in.

In the past 8 months, I have lost 5 people I loved, starting with my husband and ending with my best friend. Now my tortoise, who was with me for almost 3 years. There are no words to describe how I'm feeling.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You've been handed an awful lot to have to deal with. . . a very, very hard test for you. I'm so sorry this is going on for you. Having lost my son, then five months later my husband, I understand. Keep the faith.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania

I have no clue what happened. The weather here has not been cooperative, so I set up a temporary enclosure for him inside. The plan was to keep him in for a week or two until it was warmer outside.

I turned off his fridge last evening to let him start to warm up. I did not touch him. This morning I took his bin out of his fridge, and he was dead, very stiff, eyes deeply sunken in.

In the past 8 months, I have lost 5 people I loved, starting with my husband and ending with my best friend. Now my tortoise, who was with me for almost 3 years. There are no words to describe how I'm feeling.

Oh God Karen I'm so sorry :( *hugs* I can't imagine.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

I am so sorry Karen, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

C. Nelson

Grand Junction, CO

I am so sorry! Your losses are real. My heart is with you.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Dear Karen,
My thoughts and ALL of my prayers are for you!!! If you need ANYTHING at all just ask anyone of us on the forum. I am sure one of us could help in some small way..here is a small hello from a new friend for you..

0438D259-AEC6-462D-9D54-9370DC925EDE.jpeg