I don’t know how to help my tortoise

Tendies

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Hello, I’m 16 and my brother recently gave me his Russian Tortoise. I’m no expert on the situation, but I want to help him the best I can. My brother would mostly feed him ice burg lettuce and he has a generally small cage. He isn’t active and just burrows all day. Any advice on what I should do??

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, I’m 16 and my brother recently gave me his Russian Tortoise. I’m no expert on the situation, but I want to help him the best I can. My brother would mostly feed him ice burg lettuce and he has a generally small cage. He isn’t active and just burrows all day. Any advice on what I should do??
Read this at least twice all the way through. Everything is explained in detail. If you have questions after that, please feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Welcome to the forum. Big brother or younger brother, you're a hero for taking over your tort's care. You came to a great source to help you as we have many experienced owners to help you. Photos are welcome as well as questions.