I.D. My tortoise please!

Faerieblue

I checked with Tom first, he's not sure what I really have, and honestly, she doesn't look like anything I've seen online.
I bought her as a Leopard tortoise, but the guy got her through his brother that knew a guy in like Arizona. Lol

Anyways, I wanted to know what subspecies, because she is so unusual.
I guess she is about a year old. I have her in a closed chamber. Everything is up to par.
Please help!
I am fine if she is a hybrid, I'd just like to know what she is. Possibly how big she will get. And I have a sulcata, so I am totally fine with large tortoises. We have a huge yard. Anyways...
Good luck!
Here she is...

1g19cp.jpg

25eupte.jpg

15q86xh.jpg

dom2c6.jpg

i5skf6.jpg

mw2zpy.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Hybrid?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I have no idea what kind of tortoise it is but it is a very pretty little tortoise I can say that much for sure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, that's just a leopard tortoise with a different pattern on the carapace.

Faerieblue

Well, I showed Tom. He said this...

"Its very unusual looking. It does not show the characteristics of the SA leopards that I've seen, but the colors and patterning are not typical of the regular leopards either. I don't know what you've got there, but its a pretty tortoise."

Bruh

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Pardalis Radiata

or.....

Pardalis Platynota!

Last edited:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum, and (as was said above): whatever it is, it's a gorgeous little tort. GOD bless.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Very dark coloring but still has leopard patterns on it. Could be a true leopard, but looks more like a mix leopard/sulcata at this point. Very cute though!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Please keep us updated, with pictures :), as he grows. Maybe it will become more obvious what type of tortoise it is as time goes on.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Looks like a beautifully colored, very unique Leopard to me. Hope you will provide updates as he grows.

Faerieblue

So if it is a full leopard, tortadise, what i am trying to figure out is what subspecies it is. The spotting is very unique. When I look at all the leopard photos I see two different types looking very similar, you can tell clearly they are that subspecies for sure. Mine is very dark skinned, and the spots are strange. Her shell shape is very like a PP.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
You have a common leopard tortoise. It displays some characteristics that we attribute to South African varients, but is highly likely not "pure".