I Caved... Again... (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
After seeing all these new topics appear on everyone's Leopards, I caved again and bought another GPP... I blame you TFO! :p I seriously had zero intentions or plans on purchasing another GPP anytime soon and out of nowhere I caught a fever, a GPP fever...

I purchased this blonde beauty from "Woody's Reptiles", he has GPP breeders of his own, but he picked up a clutch from another breeder and I got to pick this one out of the group. This one looks fairly young, the yolk sack appears to still be healing and has an egg tooth, but is VERY active and hungry. I'll have weight measurements done tomorrow. I haven't come up with a name yet, but I'm hoping by the end of the night this one will have a name.

I still have a Leopard fever... Stay tuned... :D

tgq8.jpg

94a8.jpg

7geq.jpg

smnn.jpg

s31d.jpg

iy57.jpg

yjxi.jpg

nbua.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING! :D

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Awesome looking Leopards! You new little one is gorgeous. Seeing all the leopards on here is even making ME get leopard fever (and I really love my redfoots). Their shells are all so unique, and just stunning!

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks sunshine_hugs! This little one is a stunner! I'm excited to see their growth rates and unique patterns. I guess it's just that time of the year and it's very contagious! :p Thanks again!
sunshine_hugs said:
Awesome looking Leopards! You new little one is gorgeous. Seeing all the leopards on here is even making ME get leopard fever (and I really love my redfoots). Their shells are all so unique, and just stunning!

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
beautiful little guys. i cant wait to have the cash to pick up a GPP of my own

0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think you should get three more. Hopefully you will end up with two breeding groups. How cool would that be. Don't wait too long, they might not be left. Btw, you really should have quarantined your new one from your older ones. Never know what may be passed on. Hopefully nothing.

sunshine_hugs said:

You too should get some. They are fantastic torts. Needs the same high humidity as your RF. Both species of leopards are fantastic.:D

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
AWSOME!!! Im so proud of you! haha
I got mine from James too from "Woody's Reptiles", he was great.
I got one of the older ones born in july........
Your new little guy is very cute :D
It's so exciting that soo many on TFO just recently got GPP's
it makes the experience even more exciting!
Keep posting pics!!!

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
That's my plan, I'm working on getting one more GPP and two more GPB along with a larger closed chamber. It'll be a while before I can breed both sub species, but it would definitely be cool! I got a veterinary health certificate from the new one, came back negative for any possible concerns. I'm still hoping for the best though! Thanks for the concern Barb! :D
wellington said:
I think you should get three more. Hopefully you will end up with two breeding groups. How cool would that be. Don't wait too long, they might not be left. Btw, you really should have quarantined your new one from your older ones. Never know what may be passed on. Hopefully nothing.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm telling you they are like Potato chips you can't just have one .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
All these leopards. Ahhh! So gorgeous and stunning. Guys, I think I've officially caught the tort bug. Already dreaming of owning a second tortoise, and my next pick would definitely be a Leopard! If I ever moved back home to Miami, bought a house, and knew I'm definitely not going anywhere else for the long foreseeable future, I would be definitely consider getting one. Probably a rescue though, because even raising my first tort hatchling is a daily scare for me! :p I always think something is wrong, run to google and search the forum, then breathe a sigh of relief LOL!

Congrats! Your baby is lovely. :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Great looking group!

Mind if I ask where you got the babcocki? It looks a lot like the ones I produce.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Don't tempt me any more than I already am!! If it were easier to get one down here, I would surely be getting one. I have the space, and the time. :)

wellington said:
sunshine_hugs said:

You too should get some. They are fantastic torts. Needs the same high humidity as your RF. Both species of leopards are fantastic.:D

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks! I'm proud of our Vegas GPP's! :p Your GPP already has a a head start and is thriving, I'm going to love to see ours and everyone else's grow! Yeah, just this past summer GPP's have been a hit! I definitely will keep posting pictures and same goes for you!
happyjoyjoy said:
AWSOME!!! Im so proud of you! haha
I got mine from James too from "Woody's Reptiles", he was great.
I got one of the older ones born in july........
Your new little guy is very cute :D
It's so exciting that soo many on TFO just recently got GPP's
it makes the experience even more exciting!
Keep posting pics!!!

Thanks Neal! I questioned myself earlier wondering if my Babcocki was an offspring of yours, mine grows a lot of black like the ones you have. I got him from Jtrux, I know he doesn't produce any, but he had bought a group. Was it you he purchased them from?
Neal said:
Great looking group!

Mind if I ask where you got the babcocki? It looks a lot like the ones I produce.

Thanks again everyone! :D

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Beeeeee-auties! All three are lovely. Does this new one have a little of that sunset hypo thingee going on that everyone rages over? Is that why it looks so blondie? Did you get to see mum and pop pictures? No matter. They are all three cute-a-go-go!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Lol I'm not sure how I caught the fever again but obviously it was contagious!

Your little blondie is incredible! I want a blonde one now lol ahhhhh the PP madness!

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Nope, zero sunset, just a GPP hatched out of a regular looking pair. I personally find the sunset genetic a scam $850 for a GPP with a CHANCE of carrying a gene, I mean c'mon that's two GPP's and some lol. I don't have pictures of the parents unfortunately, but I bet they're beautiful!
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Beeeeee-auties! All three are lovely. Does this new one have a little of that sunset hypo thingee going on that everyone rages over? Is that why it looks so blondie? Did you get to see mum and pop pictures? No matter. They are all three cute-a-go-go!

Lol once you've caught the fever it's permanent! I want one with countless amounts of dots next. :D This one looks very similar to Tom's GPP #14, hope this one grows to look as beautiful as his.
diamondbp said:
Lol I'm not sure how I caught the fever again but obviously it was contagious!

Your little blondie is incredible! I want a blonde one now lol ahhhhh the PP madness!

Thanks you two! :D

sopo

5 Year Member
So Central OK
Congrats on the new baby. They are all just beautiful. I got Savi sitting on my shirt as I type this. Love these little darlings. Thanks for sharing pics. Can't wait to see them grow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.