I Blame You

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Since joining this forum in April, our tortoise ownership has increased 200%. We had one 13 year old sulcata namesd Sweetheart and really never considered another. Now we also have a 20 month old sulcata, Tibby, and an 8 year old Russian, Pepe. My hubby blames this forum and I must agree. I succumb to peer pressure very easily.

Acorn87

Yes agreed! I got my first baby two years ago, and if I had the right space would be adopting a Sulcatta or two. Instead I am working to acquire a second Hermanns!

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
I must admit I’ve got the bug.
I’m already planning on dividing a section of my garden into several pens.
Id love to re-home an unwanted tortoise. There are SO many up for adoption in the U.K. anything from Redfoots, Herman’s, Russians and Sulcatas. It’s so hard to decide.

daniellenc

Maryland
I must admit I’ve got the bug.
I’m already planning on dividing a section of my garden into several pens.
Id love to re-home an unwanted tortoise. There are SO many up for adoption in the U.K. anything from Redfoots, Herman’s, Russians and Sulcatas. It’s so hard to decide.
I vote redfoot!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL, I don't really know anyone on here that would talk you out of getting another tortoise unless your situation makes it impossible to properly care for another.
So yes, this forum and its members happily except the blame and will help you get even more if you got the room and the means:D

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
Always loved tortoise and wanted one before joining here. Purchased my sulcata and was happy to have the pet I always wanted for so long. I had seen leopard tortoises but not the South Africans. I started reading on here about their size and how personable they are. A few years later here I am with one. Now let’s just say I’ll blame the forum for my new SA leopard after joining [emoji846][emoji217]

creepy-crawler

5 Year Member
SoCal
yup, tortoise addiction is a serious problem... I suffer from it myself, well not suffer, kinda enjoying it actually :)