I am new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Zhu

5 Year Member
Hello,
My name is Andy Zhu. I adopt my first tortoise (Samyo) 2 years ago. I found him flip over in the street of city. It is a Greek Tortoise. I do not know his exactly age, and I gave him a name 'Samyo'. I really enjoy to have him in my family. I feel Samyo need a tortoise friend, and I am going to have my first baby soon. I hope I can have another long life young tortoise which can grow up with my baby and bring lucky to my baby in his lifetime. I live in Oklahoma. It is very hot in summer. I prefer to have a young tortoise which can be kept in indoor habitat.
:tort:

Attachments

• __(3).JPG
    __(3).JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 23

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! It appears to me that Samyo is actually a box turtle, not a Greek. It is generally believed that tortoises do not have "friends" as such, rather just other tortoises they come across, breed with, and then move on. If you get a new turtle or tortoise, you will at the very least have to set up a temporary separate enclosure, but more likely (especially if you get a different type or one of a different size) that will need to be two permanent separate enclosures. So are you thinking another one like Samyo or something different? Also congrats on the upcoming new arrival into your family.

Andy Zhu

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! It appears to me that Samyo is actually a box turtle, not a Greek. It is generally believed that tortoises do not have "friends" as such, rather just other tortoises they come across, breed with, and then move on. If you get a new turtle or tortoise, you will at the very least have to set up a temporary separate enclosure, but more likely (especially if you get a different type or one of a different size) that will need to be two permanent separate enclosures. So are you thinking another one like Samyo or something different? Also congrats on the upcoming new arrival into your family.

Do you know how to identify Samyo's gender? It might hard to see base on this picture.

Attachments

• over.PNG
    over.PNG
    44.3 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.