I am never going to a Reptile store again... Meet Lenord :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeside, California
Hi all,
Went to a reptile store today for cypress mulch. Saw the cutest little Sully and of course the manager had it in my hand before I could blink. He was really bold and excited nudging my finger and trying to pet his head. Well of course my ATM card was on the counter before you could say "Bubble Gum"
I have named it Lenord. Included a pic of him peaking out at me while taking his first bath. The manager says he is 3 to 4 months old but I will do a separate post about that subject in a few.
Ummm I think I have been bitten by the Sulcata bug so meet Lenord, Penny and Taz's new little brother.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 161

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
L82lalaland said:
Hi all,
Went to a reptile store today for cypress mulch. Saw the cutest little Sully and of course the manager had it in my hand before I could blink. He was really bold and excited nudging my finger and trying to pet his head. Well of course my ATM card was on the counter before you could say "Bubble Gum"
I have named it Lenord. Included a pic of him peaking out at me while taking his first bath. The manager says he is 3 to 4 months old but I will do a separate post about that subject in a few.
Ummm I think I have been bitten by the Sulcata bug so meet Lenord, Penny and Taz's new little brother.

Funny story, we understand

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Lol, yeah we totally understand! Love the baby face. They are just toooo cute! How could you resist? :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
He's definitely a keeper. I love when they do those cute things like peek at you. That tells me he has a great personally already. Keep us posted on his progress. I'd love to see what he does in a month!

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
He's really smooth for a baby from a reptile store! The babies in the shop here are already pyramiding.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
what a good looking little guy, and what a great name! I avoid going into reptile stores for the same reason!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a great picture! These guys just over take your common sense with their innocence and cuteness. I understand fully not being able to pass them up.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
omgdoubletacos said:
He's really smooth for a baby from a reptile store! The babies in the shop here are already pyramiding.

They had two older ones that were pyramided. That was another reason I had to take him home.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Was it at PK? If so , I saw the older ones and one hatchling .I almost ask to look at him but not buy. I bet it was yours.
That is the best picture. Your so lucky.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
Momof4 said:
Was it at PK? If so , I saw the older ones and one hatchling .I almost ask to look at him but not buy. I bet it was yours.
That is the best picture. Your so lucky.

Nope I am trying not to go to PK anymore. They have that 5 year old huge guy in the small cage maybe 5 x 3 with no water or food it just tears me up and I can't get my hubby to cough up the 499. To buy him. They used to have the huge tortoise area for all of them to crawl around in don't know why the got rid of it. To sad :-(

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
precisely why i can't go in our local pet store anymore. i want to rescue the 2 huge tortoises they have in there running around the store that are horribly pyramided. they used to keep them in one tiny cage that neither one of them could turn around in, with no water. their babies are all kept with no water and on sand. i finally had to stop going in cause i don't have the money to buy them all. :( but, so glad you got your new little one. that photo is absolutely adorable!!

surie_the_tortoise

5 Year Member
findlay,ohio
awesome little guy you have. they do get us hooked my little one always stops what hes doing and looks at me like oh no im busted when i open his door

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
L82lalaland said:
They had two older ones that were pyramided. That was another reason I had to take him home.

Ah. I was about to say "that's one great reptile store!" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.