HYPO REDFOOT FAMILY

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Albinos’ , Hypo’s , Snows and Whites…… are all alterations to DNA called mutations, and they can result in the formation of new characteristics that are heritable, or capable of being inherited. Germinal mutations are those that occur in the egg or sperm cells and therefore can be passed on to the organism's offspring...Somatic mutations are those that happen in cells other than the sex cells, and they cannot be transmitted to the next generation. This is an important distinction to keep in mind in terms of both the causes and the effects of mutation. If only the somatic cells of the organism are affected, the mutation will not appear in the next generation.... on the other hand, if a germinal mutation is involved and if both parents have the recessive gene for hypo....you will get a visual replica that is handed down in generations..Only DNA testing can say for sure what the lineage is of an animal and it’s true family's footprint.
Shell and scale coloring is achieved through pigment synthesis, Melanocytes manufacture two types of melanin: the black/brown photo-protective eumelanin pigment, and the red-yellow cytotoxic phaeomelanin pigment.....
Hypo - is optically similar to albino but retains very slight tysonase activity
Albino- As mentioned above, the c gene cannot produce working tyrosinase, and an individual cannot produce melanin pigment.
Here is the "familia" of hypos' at the Cove'.
HYP13b_zpsd99069a0.jpg
HYP13e_zpsf26c7a97.jpg
HYP13c_zpsb3308c59.jpg
HYP13d_zpsd076596b.jpg
HYP13g_zps4921a868.jpg
HYP13f_zps7593208a.jpg
cv11_zpsfe8ebce5.jpg
HYPOFHEAD2-2.jpg
HYPO-M1HEAD-1.jpg
A61.jpg

JD~:)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
What a wonderful and unique group. Looking amazing JD!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
They always amaze me with the beautiful colors...you do such a fantastic job...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
Just stunning JD ! They r luvly

Mike ... thanks bud ...the neat thing is the male with this new group is unrealted to any hypo in the USA.....so within a few years I will be able to have another "new gene...to produce and see the outcome"
The adult females I have now are unrelated....as well as the 2 new little girls. Why I made the choice for the addition to the Cove'

JD~:)

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I can't wait for my little addition! She just doesn't seem to want to hatch!! haha

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
immayo said:
I can't wait for my little addition! She just doesn't seem to want to hatch!! haha

were right at 123 days .... for the first clutch and 91 days from the second clutch different mother.....plus around 30 eggs total between the 2 still to come....so ya just never know ....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.