hybrid box turtle?

Sanchez

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago,IL
That's not the typical plastron I've seen on ornates, but it also isn't the plastron of an eastern, three toed, golf coast, or desert. Ornate looks to be the closest match though. I could believe an eastern or three toed-ornate hybrid, but I'd defer to Yvonne here.
This actually looks a lot like the plastron of my Florida box. Florida and Ornates do look pretty similar though. The orange on the head/neck looks typical of a three-toed though. If nothing else, you have one very beautiful box turtle.

JJ KIM

This actually looks a lot like the plastron of my Florida box. Florida and Ornates do look pretty similar though. The orange on the head/neck looks typical of a three-toed though. If nothing else, you have one very beautiful box turtle.

Sanchez

Chicago,IL
I was having a photo shoot with my turtle today and figured I would get a plastron shot for this thread. This is my Florida box turtle (T.c. Bauri)

Attachments

• DSCN2384.JPG
    DSCN2384.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • DSCN2385.JPG
    DSCN2385.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 13

Sanchez

Chicago,IL
Actually the more ornates I look at the more I agree that you have an ornate three-toed hybrid

Eric Zukowski

It is a ornate 3toed hybred as stated by seller in add. A very unique turtle. sure you will take good care of it as it was the most expensive American boxturtle I saw all year. Best luck