Humidity

Toni123

Location (City and/or State)
west mansfield ohio
I got a Sulcata tortoise his eyes don’t open only in bath and when he s in the sun. I was told to raise humidity to 80 is that correct is there anything else I could do for him?

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I got a Sulcata tortoise his eyes don’t open only in bath and when he s in the sun. I was told to raise humidity to 80 is that correct is there anything else I could do for him?
Got a pic you can post here? If it's very young, are you certain it's not just sleeping? The young ones tend to do that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.... make sure to read and follow all the info in @Tom ’s great guide...

Toni123

west mansfield ohio
Got a pic you can post here? If it's very young, are you certain it's not just sleeping? The young ones tend to do that.
4936B83C-2E50-49C7-9F57-6D33F8711A0C.jpeg
Greetings.... make sure to read and follow all the info in @Tom ’s great guide...

Thank You

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Read that care sheet that Marl linked for you. You'll likely find your answer in there. Most people don't start or house babies correctly and it causes problems. That's why @maggie3fan is asking about what UV bulb you are using. The compact florescent ones sometimes burn their eyes.

Are you using something for night heat? Too cool at night can get them sick, and sometimes this manifests in the eyes.