DracosMum

Location (City and/or State)
SWADLINCOTE
Hi all. I am a new tortoise mummy and I'm obviously trying to get everything perfect. Can someone clarify what temps I need to keep my tortoise table.

Basking temp
Little hideaway (where he sleeps at night)
Remainder of the table.

Also humidity, what is best for my little 7 month horsfield.

I have obviously googled but struggling to find a concrete answer for my baby.

Any advice will be welcomed ☺

Thanks in advance ?

Freddy90

Austria
Hi all. I am a new tortoise mummy and I'm obviously trying to get everything perfect. Can someone clarify what temps I need to keep my tortoise table.

Basking temp
Remainder of the table.

Thanks in advance ?
I don't know much about tortoises but here i linked for u some caresheets from this site.

Thread 'Baby Russian Tortoise care sheet (also for other herbivorous tortoise species)' https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/

Thread 'The Best Way To Raise Any Temperate Species Of Tortoise' https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...ise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

DracosMum

SWADLINCOTE

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA

Basking temp
Remainder of the table.

Thanks in advance ?
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

As you read the care sheets, you'll soon realize that a closed chamber type of enclosure is what is needed. The reason is that it is impossible to maintain the temp and humidity needed by your baby in an open top enclosure. As one of our members puts it, it's like trying to heat your house with no roof. The heat just goes up and out.

There are a few ways to overcome this problem. If you will read this post, you'll see the ways.

Being in England, Mark's enclosures are not available to you, but there is a place to order enclosures there if you're interested. Here's a link.

For the portable greenhouses, just search on Amazon for "portable greenhouse". They come in various sizes to put over your table.