Humidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickyb

5 Year Member
Does anyone have any idea of a specific or recommended Humidifier I can put in her tank?

A link would be useful please.

thanks

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
There are a lot of options based on your specific needs- room temp and humidity, tank construction and set-up, tank temps and humidities. substrate, etc.

One quick and simple option is a basic 'warm mist vaporizer', about $15 at most department or drug stores, can run most of the day on a filling, and do not throw out cool mist that chills the habitat. It would be even better on a timer set up that ran it for a while every hour or so.

An example would be http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000TN7ME/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

You can try an ultrasonic, like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FWXKTA/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20 but it costs more. Some keepers feel that the finer mist can cause problems.

The small, portable units fit smaller habitats better- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QS9C86/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

The bigger units may not fit the habitat, but you can rig up a duct from the humidifier to the habitat with a little creativity.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
How does the Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off boil the water. I am looking for one but I don't want one that uses UV.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
goReptiles said:
How does the Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off boil the water. I am looking for one but I don't want one that uses UV.

I just got one of them. Fantastic. Seems to me there is a small element inside that gets laser hot so it seems to flash boil the water that contacts it, but doesn't heat up all the water. Seems it boils the water so fast and on a small scale that there is little to no heat transfer to the main body of water. Efficient little sucker. You control the amount of steam by controlling the salinity. More salt = more steam... to an extent of course. :p

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I guess I'm down to deciding between the sunbeam and vicks. both look good. may check them out this weekend. hopefully wal*mart has them both. we'll see.

I do like the habba mist one for retiles, but it's so much more. What's the difference between a reptile mister and a humidifier?

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
goReptiles said:
What's the difference between a reptile mister and a humidifier?

Mister is like rain, humidifier is like fog.

But as far as the difference between reptile humidifier and human humidifier?

Looks, and price. Mostly. There's a lot of 'reptile' accessories that have been in people pharmacy's for decades. Typically, the human made alternatives are built to a higher standard with more safety features (See: Heat mat/Heat pad). Calcium is the same way, get it at the pharm, and grind your own. There's almost always cheaper and easier ways for the thrifty person with access to large reptile and pet forums.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I should have thought about the question when I asked. Ha. It's self explanatory. Guess I'm checking target tonight after I run to the pet store. they're side by side in the complex, and I may have time to spare before my bf gets off.

Status
Not open for further replies.