Humid hide issues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire, England, UK
Hi all!

I just changed the 75watt reptile radiator for a 200 watt ceramic heat emitter, on a pulse proportional thermostat, to maintain ambient temps in my indian star baby's viv. This is doing a much better job! I use a 75watt halogen as a basking spot.

Problem is my humid hide... It's located under the CHE. I was using a plastic tub with a hole in, but he never seemed to want to go in. So instead I'm using a resin half log hide, which is against the back wall of the viv, and has sphagnum moss in. Problem is, although ambient temp in the viv is 26-28c, and directly under the CHE around 30c.... the humid hide substrate is about 24c!!
Any ideas?

I think it's because the hide is warming up but is blocking the heat from reaching and warming the substrate??

Any help would be great :)

Cheers
John

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire, England, UK
I thought about that. I don't know much about them though... do they run in a thermostat? If so is a pulse proportional one ok? As I have a spare one!

johnreuk said:
I thought about that. I don't know much about them though... do they run in a thermostat? If so is a pulse proportional one ok? As I have a spare one!

Meant to say 'on a thermostat', not in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.