Huge Tortoise... What is he?

GeorgeUK

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! I came across this beauty at the local Zoo today.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460469816.473900.jpgThey have a huge collection of big tortoises and I finally got to see some adult Leopards which gave me a good idea of how big Lady Dorothy will get.

They were all inside due to the cold, but have access to huge outdoor facilities.

This guy stood out from the crowd though... What is he!? The pictures do his size no justice... He was massive.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460469788.139039.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

GeorgeUK

United Kingdom
Hey guys :) I've managed to find out some more info about him, he's 90 years old and his name is Darwin.
He's at Blackpool Zoo, here in Northern England :) and indeed he is an Aldabra however there's no info on his weight. Educated guess anyone?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hey guys :) I've managed to find out some more info about him, he's 90 years old and his name is Darwin.
He's at Blackpool Zoo, here in Northern England :) and indeed he is an Aldabra however there's no info on his weight. Educated guess anyone?
Well, adult males can get upto 500 pounds. So I would guess at 90 years old, he's pretty much an adult, but I will say400-450 pounds