Howdy from Oklahoma!

BevSmith

Excited to be here!

I have a four year-old female sulcata, and am actively looking for other monster-sized tortoise breeds.

It's become super hot recently here, so now I am working on making our enclosure better (concrete water "pool" etc).

I am really happy to find out that there are so many people who love tortoises as much as I do! I have so much to learn and am just tickled to be plugged into the wealth of knowledge and experience this forum has to offer.

Shown is my fifteen year-old holding our less-than-excited girl. She wanted to go play in the clovers. :D

IMG_8099.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Bev, and welcome!

Just in case you didn't know - it's not a good idea to mix species, so if you get another species of monster-sized tortoise, you will have to set up a separate yard for it. Also, tortoises don't do well in pairs. Groups seem to work out ok, but a pair of any sex is usually asking for fighting.

BevSmith

Hi, Yvonne! We are lucky to have some acreage and be able to have completely separate but large yards for each animal.

I've not been brave enough to get multiples to put together yet!

KristaAZ

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi! I just joined. Your tort is gorgeous and your son is so handsome!! What a couple of cuties you have!