How to mount lamps inside terrarium?

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
It was a long process, but I finally brought back the terrarium and found a suitable supporting table for it. I also ordered two lamp fixtures, one for a MVB and the other one for CHE. My terrarium is 56' x 24' x 24' with screen tops. Now I start to wonder how to install my two lamp fixtures inside the tank… or should I just leave the two lamps outside? any ideas?P_20170202_081840_vHDR_On.jpg P_20170202_081727_vHDR_On.jpg

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
I found some old pics that saved, this is what i did ina few tanks,

They say a pictures worth a 1000 words lol. Let me know if you want more explanation on anything.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I prefer to have the lights inside. Looks like you figured this out on your own in the past.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad you got it figured out. Is this just a temperature home? It's too small for an adult Russian. Minimum should be 4x8

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
I found some old pics that saved, this is what i did ina few tanks,

They say a pictures worth a 1000 words lol. Let me know if you want more explanation on anything.
Thanks Alexio!! Great ideas! I will try to put the lamps inside.

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
Glad you got it figured out. Is this just a temperature home? It's too small for an adult Russian. Minimum should be 4x8
It is the biggest terrarium I can find in the petshops... When we switch condo to a house, Clyde will get an upgrade too. :) Right now he will just have to suck it up and don't grow too fast.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is the biggest terrarium I can find in the petshops... When we switch condo to a house, Clyde will get an upgrade too. :) Right now he will just have to suck it up and don't grow too fast.
Plastic tote boxes are inexpensive and they can be made to join together to make an appropriate size enclosure. So, not into an animal having to "suck it up" to live in too small of an enclosure when there are options available.

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
I know what you mean. But I don't have that much room to put multiple plastic boxes together, certainly not in the living room and certainly not when Clyde is just a 4 month old.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know what you mean. But I don't have that much room to put multiple plastic boxes together, certainly not in the living room and certainly not when Clyde is just a 4 month old.
Sorry, didn't realize he was not an adult. My enclosure size minimum is for an adult.
If though, you are still without room when he is an adult, go up. Two level enclosure to give the appropriate amount of room. Many have had to do it.

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
Sorry, didn't realize he was not an adult. My enclosure size minimum is for an adult.
If though, you are still without room when he is an adult, go up. Two level enclosure to give the appropriate amount of room. Many have had to do it.
No apology needed at all. I appreciate the advice.:) I am thinking of a second floor in the terrarium, with a few plants, since it is pretty high inside. I also plan to plant a veggie garden in Clyde's shallow box right now, so it can munch around in it. Summer time the box can stay on the balcony, so Clyde will have some sun and more play ground. :)