How to make my Leopard eat more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
My Leopard doesn't eat much. :(

I bought it at 7cm 108g, now, after 4 months and half, she's only 7.7cm 114g, sometimes drop to 104g or 108g, not gaining much weight. Because she doesn't eat much! Don't know why?!

I tried 3 courses of Metronidazole for de-protozoa, 2 courses of Vermiflu(Flubendazole) for deworming, Electrolyte and Vitamin A and D, and I also tried 25-30 degree setting, both dry or wet, tried Arcadia 160W, Powersun 100W, Zoomed 10.0 26W, and sun basking etc... still no use, she just doesn't eat much.

I tried Mazuri, Zoomed grass, all kinds of vegies, and grass etc... no use.

Now, she only eats Polish Tropical Tortoise sticks, but only 10 sticks per day just barely to survive. not gaining weigh still. AND SLEEPS ALL DAY and NIGHT

What should I do? Inject baytril or take anti-biotics?

Thanks.
From Hong Kong

PS. ALL my other tortoises are as fat as pigs with above treatment!!!

EKLC

5 Year Member
What are Polish Tropical Tortoise Sticks?

Do you have any indication that she is in respiratory distress? That will cause appetite loss, and should be treated, but note that the antibiotics will also kill her appetite.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
See if putting probiotics in its water during soaks helps.

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
Can buy 'nutribac' probiotics from Reptile Paradise. Can add some to Mazuri for ur other tortoises too, good for them.

M

Maggie Cummings

Try more greens from the produce section in whatever store you use. Baby lettuces, turnip greens, kale, chard, collards, romaine, green and red leaf lettuces and stop feeding her those sticks. It's time for some tough love with her...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Try growing some grasses and weeds in your enclosure(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.