How to make a happy tortoise

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
The Rose of Sharon's are starting to bloom. My Sulcata eat them like candy. Also I grow grapes, the actual grapes for my box turtles and the leafs for my tortoises. So Big Sam and Knobby are really happy now
100_4560.JPG
He needs a beak trim
100_4555.JPG
Big Sam really loves ROS, he also gets hay, grazing on grass and weeds100_4547.JPG
it's so easy to feed them Spring and Summer
Knobby has needed a beak trim for a while now. But, darn it, I think his face is super cute with his jaw
that way.
100_4325.JPG
Last but not least is Simon, he is a Main Coon cat and has a melanoma in his right eye. Right now it is covering Simon's iris
100_4393.JPG

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I had a golden years back and i always looked like i was wearing a fur coat in the middle of summer lol

Nickolas

Pennsylvania
I have 7 cats. Two are long haired. One has feline leukemia. They were all stray/feral. We are keeping most of them because we cannot find acceptable homes for them. The cat hair drives my allergies nuts!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have 7 cats. Two are long haired. One has feline leukemia. They were all stray/feral. We are keeping most of them because we cannot find acceptable homes for them. The cat hair drives my allergies nuts!!!
Generally speaking it's the cat dander not the long hair. Both of my cats sleep on my bed, and I always wake up with fur in my mouth. I've never had more than 2 cats at a time. That's sorta like having 2 or 3 Sulcata

Nickolas

Pennsylvania
Ah, my cats like to rub their bodies all over my face. It can get quite annoying. And God forbid I forget to give them their wet food in the morning!?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Yes its the protein in the dander. Thats y Siberian's are considered hypoallergenic( their dander produce less of the protein)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ah, my cats like to rub their bodies all over my face. It can get quite annoying. And God forbid I forget to give them their wet food in the morning!?
Oh man yes! They want that nasty smelly stuff before I've had my coffee, and the wet food gags me