How to heat my night box up!

DallysW

Location (City and/or State)
Longview TX
Hi guys I have a 18x18 ReptiTherm Habitat Heater inside night box with dirt. I’m trying to find something else I can put inside to keep it warm.... I cant find 80 watt RHP, they are all out of stock everywhere I look. Does anyone else have any ideas for heating? I really don’t feel comfortable putting in a oil heater.. I live in east Texas so right now it’s about 50/60 at night.
He’s been inside the house for a few weeks now because I dont have his night box setup so I’m trying to set it up ASAP!!!
Thanks for all the help!!! :D

P

pguinpro

Hi guys I have a 18x18 ReptiTherm Habitat Heater inside night box with dirt. I’m trying to find something else I can put inside to keep it warm.... I cant find 80 watt RHP, they are all out of stock everywhere I look. Does anyone else have any ideas for heating? I really don’t feel comfortable putting in a oil heater.. I live in east Texas so right now it’s about 50/60 at night.
He’s been inside the house for a few weeks now because I dont have his night box setup so I’m trying to set it up ASAP!!!
Why not an electric space heater? Like the oldschool ones.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

Check out WallyWorld for the electric oil filled radiator heaters. They work great.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Until the RHP is back in stock, you can temporarily use a seedling heat mat:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...&hvtargid=kwd-67368251&ref=pd_sl_619aned3qb_b

I would mount it on a wall, not on the floor. It gives off quite a bit of heat.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I cant find 80 watt RHP, they are all out of stock everywhere I look. Does anyone else have any ideas for heating?

You can use a larger RHP. Doesn't have to be 80 watts. The thermostat will keep it from over heating. Might actually be a good thing during a cold winter night. Do they have the 120s in stock?

DallysW

Longview TX
You can use a larger RHP. Doesn't have to be 80 watts. The thermostat will keep it from over heating. Might actually be a good thing during a cold winter night. Do they have the 120s in stock?

IMG_2358.jpg

I think the 80watts May be back in stock! This is the right one?