How to handle power outages?

counting

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Tips for a first time owner? We keep loosing power in the middle of a huge storm

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
2.25in at last measurement. Almost 4 months old.

Unkapunka

Osage City
I would put him on your chest. Thats 1 of the warmest places on the human body. Its not that convenint, but i've done it several times to keep mine warm. Mines about a yr old now

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
I would put him on your chest. Thats 1 of the warmest places on the human body. Its not that convenint, but i've done it several times to keep mine warm. Mines about a yr old now

Thanks! Any other suggestions? I have a breastfeeding nearly 4 month old human so that is a tricky set up for me.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Ideally you would be breastfeeding a human. LOL
Hahaha!!!!! Figured I'd leave no room for speculation, since breastfeeding my almost 4 month old might sound awkward as that is the same age I just said my tortoise is, ha!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
How long does the power go out for? How cold does it get near you?

I short amount of time won’t do any harm, maybe a couple of days. You could get some kind of generator.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Generator isn't an option (we live in a multi unit building). It gets REALLY cold in the winter here, but we are currently in a heat wave so heat is less worrisome. Power can go out for short period of time, but sometimes several days is possible. In the winter if we lost power for any amount of time, we would likely go to my parents (wood heat), and bring Atlas along.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Make sure you would be able to cover the enclosure to hold in heat. Just watch out for fire hazards.

What kind of tortoise is it?