How to despine/prepare cactus. [video]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not a bad first vid. That's how I do mine, minus the grass and calcium. I do usually cut off a little of the stem end, I don't grow my own otherwise I wouldn't. I also cut a little of the very tip off they usually has a lot of the little hairy spines.
Okay in the vid when you are at the sink. There is a pic of like a reflection of a tort towards the upper little left of center. It almost looks like it's on music sheet notes. Please what is it. Drove me nuts trying to figure it out:confused:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Not a bad first vid. That's how I do mine, minus the grass and calcium. I do usually cut off a little of the stem end, I don't grow my own otherwise I wouldn't. I also cut a little of the very tip off they usually has a lot of the little hairy spines.
Okay in the vid when you are at the sink. There is a pic of like a reflection of a tort towards the upper little left of center. It almost looks like it's on music sheet notes. Please what is it. Drove me nuts trying to figure it out:confused:

It's a really cool little piece of art I need to frame. It's a tortoise on a piece of old sheet music. It's super cool. I'll post a picture of it. :D

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Nice, I have always wondered how people burn them off. I always just flulay them off.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is really nice. So, I was right on in what I thought it was. I just didn't think a tort would be on sheet music. Cool find. Thanks

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Very useful, thank you!
That will save several hours of work and picking spines out of my hands, the way i do it.
And the music sheet tortoise is adorable.

BillyTheSulcata

Houston, Texas
After getting quite a few questions on how to despine and how I prepare prickly pear pads, I figured I'd make a how to video.
Excuse the imperfections, it's my first ever "how to". :)
I hope it helps someone.

Thank you very much for this most helpful video.