How tacky is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Ugh...I just saw this today. What an ***hat! Tacky, tactless...sheesh, not enough adjectives in the English language to describe this clown. I'm ashamed to share the same country with, and certainly that he is my commander-in-chief. Dear God, I hope he leaves in November!

NudistApple said:
Kerryann said:
Why would you donate to a campaign when you could donate to something meaningful like a good charity.

Who is to say that a political campaign isn't meaningful? If someone is truly passionate about the Democratic Party and believes that it is going to better society I do not see how it is even remotely unlike a charity.

I am not saying that I am in support of Obama, and I would point this out if say, Romney, had done it instead. It's just that there are a lot of seriously worse ways to spend money (we all know about the so called "charities" that steal peoples money and run) and it isn't as if someone is being forced to do this. It's just a suggestion. No reason for anyone to get fired up over it.

Period.

If Romney pulled this crap, I would feel the exact same way.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Regardless of politics, I just don't see why anyone would have any interest in doing this. Maybe...no definitely...I am selfish, I would want people to donate to the charity of myself and my new family at my wedding.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Neal said:
Regardless of politics, I just don't see why anyone would have any interest in doing this. Maybe...no definitely...I am selfish, I would want people to donate to the charity of myself and my new family at my wedding.

No kidding, right?

Obama wants money? Throw a party! Throw a rally!

If I am celebrating a birthday of a friend or loved one, or getting all dressed up for someone's wedding or anniversary...I'm going to honor THOSE people with a gift or money...not a politician whom I don't even know.

Obama can get money on HIS birthday, or anniversary. In the meantime, he can earn it like everyone else. The oval office is not a non-profit charity organization.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
NudistApple said:
Kerryann said:
Why would you donate to a campaign when you could donate to something meaningful like a good charity.

Who is to say that a political campaign isn't meaningful? If someone is truly passionate about the Democratic Party and believes that it is going to better society I do not see how it is even remotely unlike a charity.

I am not saying that I am in support of Obama, and I would point this out if say, Romney, had done it instead. It's just that there are a lot of seriously worse ways to spend money (we all know about the so called "charities" that steal peoples money and run) and it isn't as if someone is being forced to do this. It's just a suggestion. No reason for anyone to get fired up over it.

Period.

I am hoping that people who donate their money actually research the organization. I know people are sheeple and even sent money to that kony thing without researching any of it, so I doubt I am right. In a perfect world people would rather feed starving children or help homeless animals rather than pushing campaign money to millionaires to whom your measly donation doesn't mean anything. The politicians whether they be "evil money grubbing republicans" or the "keeping it real with the average joe democrats", are mostly all millionaires who don't give two craps about anything but making more money for themselves.
If it were my candidate asking that I would also call them out as being not just tacky but also for preying on naive young people.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Kerryann said:
If it were my candidate asking that I would also call them out as being not just tacky but also for preying on naive young people.

LOL...heck, young people are typically the cheapest/most broke demographic out of the bunch! Does Obama think he's actually going to convince young newly weds to give up free stuff?

And college students? Like most undergrads are rollin' the dough.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
StudentoftheReptile said:
Kerryann said:

LOL...heck, young people are typically the cheapest/most broke demographic out of the bunch! Does Obama think he's actually going to convince young newly weds to give up free stuff?

And college students? Like most undergrads are rollin' the dough.

Pfft.. all he has to do is make a compelling video and have it go viral on the internet.
I can guarantee he isn't too proud to take the last $5 out of the newlyweds and college student's pockets.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Kerryann said:
Pfft.. all he has to do is make a compelling video and have it go viral on the internet.
I can guarantee he isn't too proud to take the last $5 out of the newlyweds and college student's pockets.

Oh, I'm not questioning his pride. I'm questioning his naive belief that young people will so willingly give up free money that was intended to go into their pockets instead.

Viral videos can work both ways. One pissed-off college student can make it happen with the disclaimer that says "Look what our fool president has stooped to now!" Instant bad press.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
jaizei said:
I do not see it as any different than requesting that people donate to a specific charity in lieu of a gift, which is not uncommon.
NudistApple said:

Period.

Absolute agreement...not that I'd send $$$ to either candidate. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.