How old is my redfooted tort sallann??

Robrocphilly

Location (City and/or State)
Philly
Hello everybody how are you I have had Sallyann for over three years now when I got her it was given to me because Sally and sister Charlotte had died. With that being said it was not being taken care of properly and was kept in a basement and had one heat lamp over it now I know for a fact that in the winter my baby stays between 82 and 87° always I have a little space heater and a Electronic thermometer which is good because it turns off and on when it gets too hot but she loves it, if you ask me that’s how her sister Charlotte died because the person that was supposed to be taking care of these torts was on drugs, and it was the woman son that was supposed to be taking care of them now when I got Sallyann she weighs a little bit on there for Pam’s she now weighs over 7 pounds, I guess you can say I spoil her but she looks very healthy she is a lot more active I always give her her toward his pallets because she can’t get all of her nutrients being that she loves strawberries and grape and cherry tomatoes And mushrooms I could literally feet her strawberries every day, and she would not not eat, Now the old owner told me that they would put her in the sink once a week well the way she i now the old owner told me that they would put her in the sink once a week, The way my baby eats I put her in the tub every single day not to mention all the water she drinks she peas and poops in the tub she’s potty trained she will only go to the bathroom in hot water which in the winter time at the beginning I do every other day and that stretches her legs also in the summertime she stays out back which she loves and she does laps around my yard I have a pretty big yard and it’s what I call Sally proofed she cannot escape she gets to eat tons of dandelion, grass bugs Ect, If that being said I would like to know if anybody could guesstimate how old she is that would be great?? And as far as her little house goes you see the little cubbyhole that she climbs into every single night and she sleeps in now right next in the back corner right where that heater is. With that being said she comes out being that it’s almost April she is being more active now and I also have the UVB light for her to give her the sun rays that she doesn’t get from being indoors all winter. She has constant water and Feed her every day. Any and all feedback would be great positive or negative if I’m doing something wrong if there something I should do different my main concern is I want to try to figure out how old she is and that I’m feeding her properly and that this is a nice little hot that I have made for her plus the humidifier?? Thank you guys so much Sally thanks you!! Much love from Philadelphia

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm going to take a stab at it - 9 years old!

Melis

Maryland
Hello! I can't comment on the age, but have you read through our care sheets? Your habitat needs a lot of work. Just some quick things. It's much too small, you need a proper substrate, a bigger water dish, and a way to hold in humidity. Read through the care sheets and come back with any questions! :)