How often do you dust ?

zackary2431

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
( sorry If I posted this already I’m new to this) but I have some Indian starts , few sulcatas and a few Burmese star , I feed them collard green, cactus , carrots (rarely ) squash, grass, pumpkin ( when in season, also rarely ) and I just got Mazuri today , ( every thing is organic ) how often should I dust calcium, d3, and multivitamin and how often should I use mazuri. I’d appreciate everyone’s inputs and I’d truly appreciate it !

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
I give a pinch 2-3 times a week. I alternate between a D3+ calcium supplement and Arkvits (this is nutrobal with additional vitamins).

zackary2431

Los Angeles
You're in California.
Are these tortoises outdoors or indoors?
Outdoors, I'd use a lot less supplements.
I usually take them outside during the first week of March till the end of summer , then for the rest of the year there in side !

gurgleblaster

Charlotte
Consult a care sheet for each species. It will also vary depending on your lighting situation. There is such a thing as to much. Causes for pyramiding are still not as well researched as they should be so keeping an environment and nutrition as close to optimal should minimize these issues. My poor Shelly came to me with a light amount of pyramiding but seems like once monthly has stopped the pyramid growth. She gets a ton of natural light in her enclosure though as well as supplemental lighting. So it's gunna come down to the needs of the individual species as well as the amount of lighting they are receiving. Torts are sensitive to the environment like a canary in a coal mine.

Tl:dr. Consult your care sheets.

zackary2431

Los Angeles
Consult a care sheet for each species. It will also vary depending on your lighting situation. There is such a thing as to much. Causes for pyramiding are still not as well researched as they should be so keeping an environment and nutrition as close to optimal should minimize these issues. My poor Shelly came to me with a light amount of pyramiding but seems like once monthly has stopped the pyramid growth. She gets a ton of natural light in her enclosure though as well as supplemental lighting. So it's gunna come down to the needs of the individual species as well as the amount of lighting they are receiving.

Tl:dr. Consult your care sheets.

thank you so much !

zackary2431

Los Angeles
D6ED509D-2DDD-4AD6-884B-8418DF56596C.jpeg2A4359D5-52FF-4F4A-A342-1A55AD523786.jpegC9A23380-3A8B-4C77-913E-C8E52D00F27B.jpeg
these are a few of what I have I’ll send you more when I get home , and don’t worry about there cage I just got them another one that’s not open ! This was just temporary lol my other tortoises are outside

zackary2431

Los Angeles
Oh my that python. Trying to convince my wife on a T+ Curtus
you should man , I love snakes, I’ve been keeping them since I was 11 and my dad wasn’t to happy when I brought my first python home ???, but my parents love birds we have a few parrots, and some dart frogs