how not to go crazy around family during the holiday season

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
any tips? lol that time of year is here again and all of my family is around even the ones that make me nuts lol in my family im the "crazy reptile guy" lol

meech008

5 Year Member
Deep breathing helps me a lot and a good dose of "let it go" my family and in laws drive me insane sometimes but I've found out that plus a sense of humor like the above posted helps a lot

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I hang out with my tortoises . Most go in the shed and say it smells then run off . I'm oblivious to the smell . ha-ha

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
alcohol and lots of it
good thing im over the age lol
I hang out with my tortoises . Most go in the shed and say it smells then run off . I'm oblivious to the smell . ha-ha
i've been slipping off with my nephew who is visiting to design a new enclosure might as well do the uncle thing and teach him some stuff about animal's while getting some free work out of him lol

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
We usually spend Christmas with our good friend/neighbors and do family stuff some time after the actual holiday. It's a little more stressful for me since my brother, sister, and niece all have birthdays the week before, but I do my best to plan in advance. Oh, and my birthday is a few days after... Since the adults in my family just do a Pollyanna dealy, I just worry about kids and birthdays.

W Shaw

I find that when dealing with humans (my least favorite species), it helps to have a fair education in human behavior and not to expect them to behave as anything other than humans. They're going to squabble over dominance and breeding rights and resources. The males are going to engage in a lot of dominance posturing and bluff threats. If you look for them to be rational, you'll only end up being annoyed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just remember the holidays can be stressful and that those that might drive you nuts, may also be driven nuts by you. Making everyone in the same boat so, put a smile on your face, use nice vocabulary choices and enjoy the spirit of the holiday, whatever that is to you.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I just started to work out a little more ....

.....keeps the mind young~

W Shaw

You can also use my favorite approach -- stay home with the cat and tortoise and splurge on a VOD movie.