How much to feed a Sulcata?

dozer2020

Location (City and/or State)
Wells
Hi, recently I got a 10 pound sulcata named Dozer!
I am wondering how much I should feed him each day? What do you guys suggest to feed in the winter? The home he came from said he only eats hay and grass? we live in Michigan so don't have any grass in the winter! So do I just give hay in the winter? I have looked up safe vegetables for him and have been giving him some dark leafy greens each day!
Thanks

Attachments

• dozer.jpg
    dozer.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 22

AgataP

Seattle, WA
They are grazers. They eat all the time. I have a hatchling and he has access to his fresh grass, weeds 24/7 I live in WA and It’s funny because yeah it’s raining here (not as much lately) but for sure I got lots of greens to feed all year long.
I don’t think you limit how much they eat.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am wondering how much I should feed him each day? What do you guys suggest to feed in the winter? The home he came from said he only eats hay and grass? we live in Michigan so don't have any grass in the winter! So do I just give hay in the winter? I have looked up safe vegetables for him and have been giving him some dark leafy greens each day!
Thanks
Feed them as much as they want to eat of the right foods.

Grass hay is an excellent food. I prefer orchard grass hay, but Bermuda or teff is good too. I don't care for Timothy hay because its too stemmy. Try to find some spineless opuntia pads to add to the diet too.

Here are some more ideas for things to feed them:

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thanks
Welcome. Handsome fella!!