How much should a 1 year old Hermann eat

TortNZ

Location (City and/or State)
Christchurch
Hi
I've had Evo for 1.5 weeks and till date and she was eating well. Today however she has not touched much of her salad.
I soak her in the morning (5am) for 20min and then put out her breakfast before going to work.
After the soaking she is not interested in food and after digging herself under the substrate goes to sleep.
This afternoon she eat only a few leaves and went back to sleep after roaming for 15min.
I have weight her two days ago and she has put on 14g in a week but today she has not head much food at all.
Is this normal? How much should a 1 year old eat?
I may have to change the routine and let her sleep in the morning and soak and give her food when I get home from work. This may be teething problems but I would like her to have a routine sooner rather then later.
Vet said she has some parasite eggs but they are not the ones that need treatment.
Also has anyone heard of the following product: Komodo Tortoise Diet Complete
We are very limited what we get here in NZ for tortoises but I was thinking getting this product as a back up?
Would appreciate some comments and suggestions.

Cheers A

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The komodo diet is comparable to Mazuri so go ahead and add some to the diet. Tortoises as any animal do not go through teething like humans. Some days tortoises in captivity will go without eating or eating very little. Keep giving a big pile at least the size of her each morning so she can graze on it throughout the day. Give more if she eats it all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No matter the species, I give my babies enough food that there's always a little left over at the end of the day. That way they can come out and graze all throughout the day - there's always food there for them. They don't seem to mind that it gets sort of crispy and dried out towards evening.

TortNZ

Christchurch
Thanks so much for your advise Yvonne.
I was worried as the food dries out after few hours. I was thinking getting the Komodo Tortoise Diet Salad Mix not the Komodo Tortoise Diet Complete. Is this OK?
My vet recommended the Arkvits diet and vitamins but this product is in the UK and I’m not sure if I can get it or the Mazuri.
Should I keep the morning routine with soaking and food going?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, the salad mix is ok, and yes, keep up your morning routine.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Have you checked her temps?

TortNZ

Christchurch
Sorry Lyn do you mean temperature in the enclosure?
23-25c with basking area being 31-35c

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Most times, not eating is due to too cold temps, but I am not sure about yours, someone who knows will let you know if those you gave are OK. Make sure the water you soak her in in the morning is warm, and you return her to an enclosure that has the correct temperatures and humidity for this species.