How much Mazuri Small Tortoise Diet LS should I feed my 3 y/o Hermann’s

Rszabo1

Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu, HI
Just wondering how much I should offer in conjunction with the plantain weeds I pick from the yard.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You should be feeding more then just plantain. A much need variety should be added and adding mazuri about a small handful, soaked once a week is good.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Just wondering how much I should offer in conjunction with the plantain weeds I pick from the yard.
My tortoises would never eat the LS diet. Have you gotten yours to eat it? If so, congratulations.

If not, try the regular Mazuri. Most tortoises devour it ravenously. Soften it in water for a few minutes, then crumble it up over any food items you want the tortoise to try. Gradually you can reduce the amount of Mazuri and increase the volume of other items as the tortoise gets used to eating the new foods you offer it.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
If you can find plantain, you can probably also find dandelion (flowers and greens are edible).

I feed my Russians Mazuri or Zoo-med twice a week, a couple of tablespoons, softened with water... if I'm trying to introduce a new food, I'll add more water and use the resulting slurry as a dressing over the new food.

Jamie