How long outdoors? 4 month old sully

MissFreshRR

Location (City and/or State)
Southern Cali
My husband and I are going to start on a temporary outdoor enclosure (we plan on moving in about a year) for our 4 month sully. Dimension will be 8' x 3.5' x 18". I plan on planting some grass and other foods, ride now I have endive, escarole and bok choy in plants outdoors that are thriving well which I will transfer into the enclosure and wheatgrass seeds that I plan on planting throughout the enclosure. I will put plenty at least 2 hides and a water area for it. My question is, how long should he be spending outdoors. The enclosure will also have a top to protect him from other animals though I don't ever see any near our yard.

P.s. the pics are of his plotted out temporary supervised enclosure. I put him out here when the kids are in the trampoline and they can keep an eye on him while I work on the plants and what not. He loves it out here I just can't spend more than an hour a day outside I'm too busy with kids and school and wife duties!

Thanks in advance1516830117309.jpg1516830134074.jpg1516830316227.jpg

Bambam1989

East Texas
A good rule to go by is "an hour a day per inch of straight shell length".
So if he is 4in long then 4 hours of outside time is safe as long as weather is good.

MissFreshRR

Southern Cali
A good rule to go by is "an hour a day per inch of straight shell length".
So if he is 4in long then 4 hours of outside time is safe as long as weather is good.
I live in Southern California, right now weather is great during the day. Today is a high of 73*, it starts to drop around 6pm into the lover 60s and one night hits it's entirely too cold for him to be out there. I'll have to measure him. Thanks for the help

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
73 F is actually a bit cool for a hatchling . If it is warmer in the sun (a temp. gun would help here) I would start with about an hour , and move up gradually . If you will be moving , here is an idea that worked well for me , it is a kiddy pool ! :)

h - 3.jpg