How long before sully can go out full time?

MissFreshRR

Location (City and/or State)
Southern Cali
Hi All,

Bowser is about 12 weeks now. Still tiny and in no hurry to move him/her outdoors. Was just wondering, at what age or size is it appropriate to relocate them outdoors? Also, how long do I need to maintain humidity levels? Thank you in advance.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi All,

Bowser is about 12 weeks now. Still tiny and in no hurry to move him/her outdoors. Was just wondering, at what age or size is it appropriate to relocate them outdoors? Also, how long do I need to maintain humidity levels? Thank you in advance.
Generally, I move them outside in late spring once they reach about 10".

You need humidity for as long as they are growing. Since there is no way to humidify the world when they are outside, I use tubs of water to humidify their heated night boxes. This helps. During hotter weather I also uses sprinklers, misters, plants and soaks to keep them more hydrated and humid.

MissFreshRR

Southern Cali
Generally, I move them outside in late spring once they reach about 10".

You need humidity for as long as they are growing. Since there is no way to humidify the world when they are outside, I use tubs of water to humidify their heated night boxes. This helps. During hotter weather I also uses sprinklers, misters and soaks to keep them more hydrated and humid.
Thanks Tom! Good to know.