How fast they grow in 3 years

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baldwin Co, Alabama
3 years ago I was looking in the turtle garden and saw some mulch that didn't seem right. Went to investigate and saw a baby turtle that had just hatched. And then found some more.

IMG_8145_zps1dc1bbb9.jpg

They grew a little (and somebody got their foot chomped that first year as well - I call this one Stumpy
lol.gif
)

IMG_0213_zpsfcrwoy6k.jpg

On top of Sammy

IMG_8151_zpsee31166c.jpg

on top of Sammy now

IMG_0208_zpswbnomwbd.jpg

dancing on Sammy

IMG_0210_zpstc6o1vui.jpg

on top of Clementine

IMG_8154_zps0a36d005.jpg

on top of Clementine now

IMG_0222_zpsj1isg3qs.jpg

Clementine with 2 of the bigger babies (there is one that is a little bigger than Stumpy)

IMG_0226%20-%20Copy_zpsgup80r8h.jpg

Clementine and Stumpy

IMG_0224_zpsgw0zxyeg.jpg

There are 3 other babies out there, but they hide better than these 2 did
lol.gif

Since the babies all look like Sammy, we are guessing they were hers.
2 of them are smaller so may have been from the following year or a later hatching that we didn't quite notice. We saw 4 babies the first year and one died. Then the following year I swore to DH we had 4 and as I tried finding them in all their hiding places, I pulled out 5 of them.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
3 years ago I was looking in the turtle garden and saw some mulch that didn't seem right. Went to investigate and saw a baby turtle that had just hatched. And then found some more.

IMG_8145_zps1dc1bbb9.jpg

They grew a little (and somebody got their foot chomped that first year as well - I call this one Stumpy
lol.gif
)

IMG_0213_zpsfcrwoy6k.jpg

On top of Sammy

IMG_8151_zpsee31166c.jpg

on top of Sammy now

IMG_0208_zpswbnomwbd.jpg

dancing on Sammy

IMG_0210_zpstc6o1vui.jpg

on top of Clementine

IMG_8154_zps0a36d005.jpg

on top of Clementine now

IMG_0222_zpsj1isg3qs.jpg

Clementine with 2 of the bigger babies (there is one that is a little bigger than Stumpy)

IMG_0226%20-%20Copy_zpsgup80r8h.jpg

Clementine and Stumpy

IMG_0224_zpsgw0zxyeg.jpg

There are 3 other babies out there, but they hide better than these 2 did
lol.gif

Since the babies all look like Sammy, we are guessing they were hers.
2 of them are smaller so may have been from the following year or a later hatching that we didn't quite notice. We saw 4 babies the first year and one died. Then the following year I swore to DH we had 4 and as I tried finding them in all their hiding places, I pulled out 5 of them.

Very sweet. Love the pics!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice! You've done a good job raising them up. They look great.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Amazing markings on Clementine. You have some beautiful turtles there. Obviously healthy. Is Clem as big as she looks in the photos or is it just that she is posing next to hunger turtles?

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Baldwin Co, Alabama
They are gulf coast and Clementine probably is as big as she looks. She is very much a 2 handed girl. I don't pick them up often, but each time I pick her up, I'm always surprised at how heavy she is.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Beautiful Turtles! I have a 3 toed/gulf coast integrade that took after the gulf Coast especially in size. She was hatched in august 2011. I kept records for her every year except the year she turned 3 (tragic death of someone I was close to that year). But at 2 years of age she weighed 434 grams and at 4 years of age she weighed 675 grams. Very large at a young age! She just turned 5 and she is holding steady....ranges from 670 to 690.