How do you feed your dried mulberry leaves and dried hibiscus flowers?

leoturt

Location (City and/or State)
Western Canada
My 8mo old leo isn't really eating the hibiscus (cut and sifted) organic petals I bought after I soak them in minimal water for 24 hrs (in a fridge or at room temp), and also not if I even soak them for only 5-15 mins. I tried sprinkling and mixing the petals in its food and it made the tort not want to eat any of the food.

Mulberry leaves, I haven't tried leaving them in water for 24 hrs yet, but I've tried soaking them in water for like 10 mins and the tort sort of likes them but doesn't go crazy. I imagine it will like them more as times goes by?

I have seen old threads about feeding these dried foods but thought i could get help posting about it.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Mine started eating the hibiscus and mulberry sprinkled on his food after a couple of days and I discovered he had preferences like nettle or raspberry so I always made sure the things he liked were mixed in with the things he wasn’t as fond of. You can also go ahead and soak in water but then mix with a favorite food or a pelleted food. Maybe if you just give it time your tortoise will develop an interest eventually. Just keep offering it. A recent thing I’ve been doing is I’ve been finding some lettuces that are still attached to the roots and there’s an organic garden that will allow me to pull things up by the roots and I’m sort of growing them in his enclosure and then I put sprinkles around it on these live plants and he likes them very much when he’s munching on the live plants. You can try something like that as well.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I get my mulberry and hibiscus from Kapidolo Farms and they come really small so I just cut his fav stuff up real small and sprinkle it in so he doesn't even see it. Also, does he like mazuri? You can mix a little in with some mazuri and trick him into eating it until he EVENTUALLY will eat it by himself

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I get my stuff from Kapidolo Farms as well and I was surprised by how much he likes that nettle. If I sprinkle nettle on things he eats all sorts of things he wouldn’t normally touch.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I get my stuff from Kapidolo Farms as well and I was surprised by how much he likes that nettle. If I sprinkle nettle on things he eats all sorts of things he wouldn’t normally touch.

I'm not sure of my leo likes one over the other, so long as there's dandelion or mustard greens in his mix ? i have like 10 or 15 from Kapidolo and randomly mix various stuff lol. He seems to take it all ok. Its my redfoot that is the chow hound. She will eat anything! Especially if i hand feed it to her because she's a princess ?

lisakate

Welwyn Garden City
Kapidolo farm made a fantastic you tube video showing you how to make a jelly with all dried goodies soaked. My “Lottie “ absolutely loves it. Check it out

leoturt

Western Canada
Mine started eating the hibiscus and mulberry sprinkled on his food after a couple of days and I discovered he had preferences like nettle or raspberry so I always made sure the things he liked were mixed in with the things he wasn’t as fond of. You can also go ahead and soak in water but then mix with a favorite food or a pelleted food. Maybe if you just give it time your tortoise will develop an interest eventually. Just keep offering it. A recent thing I’ve been doing is I’ve been finding some lettuces that are still attached to the roots and there’s an organic garden that will allow me to pull things up by the roots and I’m sort of growing them in his enclosure and then I put sprinkles around it on these live plants and he likes them very much when he’s munching on the live plants. You can try something like that as well.
Do you soak your hibiscus and mulberry?