madi1001

Location (City and/or State)
Rancho Cucamonga
my tortoise was acting weird today and i gave him collard greens and baby arugula this morning and put him outside on the grass in the sun so he could eat and he barely ate and had his head out a lot so i brought him in and put him on the carpet and when i came back he was in his shell and usually never sleeps in his shell. I got scared so put him in warm shallow water for like a minute or two and he didnt come out and I dont know if hes dead or hibernating or whats going on please help.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
my tortoise was acting weird today and i gave him collard greens and baby arugula this morning and put him outside on the grass in the sun so he could eat and he barely ate and had his head out a lot so i brought him in and put him on the carpet and when i came back he was in his shell and usually never sleeps in his shell. I got scared so put him in warm shallow water for like a minute or two and he didnt come out and I dont know if hes dead or hibernating or whats going on please help.
Pictures please so we may help

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am so sorry for your loss.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
we determined today that he was dead :( we took him to the vet and they tested his muscles and such. Thank you for your help
So sorry to hear of your loss. It is so sad when we lose our babies.

erdmanne

10 Year Member!
Southern Wisconsin
Oh, I am sorry, too, that you lost your little pal after 10 years. If I had a brain, I would have realized that this thread is from 2021.

Last edited: