How do I know if my Russians are fighting?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
You should quit taking things out of context to avoid confusing people. Your direct contradictions are often confusing and of no possible help. My statement was in direct reference to TC situation and an answer to their questions. It was not, unlike many of your posts on this forum, an attempt to offer any advice NOT asked for. TC wanted to know signs of certain things and what to do if breeding and egg laying occurs. A FEMALE russian tortoise will in fact, attack others to warn them she is about to lay (this answers his question about signs she is gravid). They do this in captivity AND they do it in the wild if another tortoise comes in contact with them. It is natural! I am not sure where you get your information but life in the great outdoors is very violent and very bloody and very NATURAL despite your candy coated ideals, this also includes the tortoise and turtle world. Also, I in NO WAY suggested that TC submit his tortoise to danger for profit and it is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE of you to suggest that I did!

You are very amusing, in a simple kind of way that is...;)