• Recycler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 59 12.1%

• Total voters

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Was Googling red foots and this forum popped up.And I'm also called a nerd for being a member of a tortoise forum but it's been a good tool in my tortoise keeping.Thanks Josh for being the big nerd and making this forum. LOL

Yurusumaji

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Mile High City
I Googled "tortoise forum" so I could find a forum where I could get info from experienced tortoise keepers on how to take care of my new guy. This one came up, I checked it out and joined the same day.

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
One of my baby turtles was born seriously deformed I did a Google search to get some answers. Then I found this wonderful place which I am so grateful for.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I had questions on a sick tortoise I was taking care of (which I later bought) so I did some google searched and found tfo :)

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I Googled information on tortoises and the first dozen or so links were threads on this forum. :) Thanks Josh! You Rock!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I was searching for information about my tortoise with intestinal works that i adopted and Google pulled up a thread! I've been adicted ever since!!!

Vickie

5 Year Member
I found you searching for tortoise information. ;) Boy what a find that was! Love this forum!

alicenwanderland

5 Year Member
Me too, who'd a thunk it I love a tortoise!
Alice us amazing and comes when I call
Her. I'm raising her for my grandson!

Swetortoise

5 Year Member
I was researching and learning about pyramiding and tortoise health, got stuck here and started reading random threads of different types - still busy. :D

Owner of one little Hermann Tort. :)

PJDruce

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sheffield, UK
I was just searching the web for all round information. And stumbled across this. Saw it had a phone app and signed up straight away!
It's been really useful already. And I've only been here a very short while :)

Paul Druce
Sheffield, UK
Nerdy Mathsy Physicsy Guy with love for shelled warriors! :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
My tort was having trouble with eating rocks, and I was afraid something could go wrong. I Google the information and the forum came up. I decided to join because there were experienced tort owners who knew what they were talking about. Many knew more than the vets I've seen in the past. Thanks Josh for starting up this forum.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Someone (can't even remember now) on a yahoo group I belong to mentioned it. Or gave a link maybe.
I really enjoy the forum. My eyes are crossing from all the reading I've been doing! But it's all good. :D
And I like the Android app a lot!

Ann from CT

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
It was mentioned in one of the Tort's forum oversea. Then I checked back at home.

This forum Just woderful.

tort_luv_5055

New York (USA)
When I first got Apollo, I realized just how much research goes into owning/caring for a tortoise. Being a tortoise keeper brings up a lot of questions. Mainly things like "what is that white stuff my tortoise just pooped out" and "What do I feed this thing" ;)

Well I needed answers to all these questions! And of course, I turned to the infinitely wise internet, specifically Google.

While I was searching I noticed that whenever I typed in something relating to tortoises, The Forum would pop up in the results. So I clicked on the link to these wise threads and members. With time, I found myself able to answer some of the questions in the threads. And just like that, the script was flipped, and I was a member!