How cool would this be to convert into an enclosure?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It would be a lot of work to make it hold up to moisture. Another challenge would be constant condensation on the glass.

Danimal

5 Year Member
MS
You have a lot of surface area with the shelving if you leave it. Might be neat to house a small species colony. Maybe a speckled cape tortoise if you can find them or Hermann's. That really would make a cool Ackie enclosure if it's deep enough. :)

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
View from one side, access from the other side. It will take alot of space.
I'm thinking it might be possible to hinge the front glass. I dunno. Will have to see. Have to figure out how heavy the thing is too. Might need several ppl to lift it into my truck. Regardless, would make a cool project.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
You have a lot of surface area with the shelving if you leave it. Might be neat to house a small species colony. Maybe a speckled cape tortoise if you can find them or Hermann's. That really would make a cool Ackie enclosure if it's deep enough. :)
Definitely a thought. There's a brand new reptile shop that opened up down the street from me. Maybe I can fix it up and sell it to them. Their setups are...well....less than desirable for my taste. They had a few ackies there.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I'm thinking it might be possible to hinge the front glass. I dunno. Will have to see. Have to figure out how heavy the thing is too. Might need several ppl to lift it into my truck. Regardless, would make a cool project.
Perhaps the front is already hinged. It looks a lot like a case in the cheese shop I frequent. They can lift up the domed front.