How can I stop my tortoise scratching the walls and glass

Bogulius

Location (City and/or State)
Kaunas Lietuva
I'm glad you can use parts of the terrarium, that helps and saves money. You know what, people make mistakes, it happens, I make mistakes, we all do. It's great you are trying to do better. And you know, you're 14, you're not an adult and you're doing a great job! Maybe you're mom should've helped you a little when she knew you wanted the tortoise? you're 14, you can't drive, you can't vote and you can't decide what's for dinner?, but you're expected to be a tortoise expert and do everything perfect?
But you're doing a good job! ??
um abaut geting the tortoise my grandparents took him from a shelter i fink or from some were else he was 2 then they brought my him with everything he needed a uvb heet lamp and terrarium and 1 pack of coco bark or coco husk i dont remember so i didnt buy him he was a gift or my baby and i am very protective of him.

here is him looking at my old chill cat :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_201639.jpg
    IMG_20200509_201639.jpg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 9

Bogulius

Kaunas Lietuva
hey so my dad sed that he will change his enclosure in like 2 years so how big should it be for a 4year old tortoise he sed that this terrarium is too small? and now he needs an even bigger enclosure
at first he lived in a very small enclosure which was probably too small so how big?

ps. he lived in that covered terarium in the corner

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_203826.jpg
    IMG_20200610_203826.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Kim&Tim

The Netherlands
hey so my dad sed that he will change his enclosure in like 2 years so how big should it be for a 4year old tortoise he sed that this terrarium is too small? and now he needs an even bigger enclosure
at first he lived in a very small enclosure which was probably too small so how big?

I'm sorry but this time I have no idea what you're trying to say here?

You already know it's not big enough right now right? So why you want to know in 2 years? It's not big enough now! 2 years, 4 years doesn't matter.

Kim&Tim

The Netherlands

The terrarium he came in is way too small.

The terrarium he is living in now is also too small.

He should live in an indoor or outdoor enclosure that is at least 122cm x 240 cm. You can make it any shape you want as long as it's those dimentions or bigger if you want too.

I have an outdoor enclosure that is 180 x 180 cm. He also has an indoor enclosure that is smaller 80 cm x 205 cm. But that is because he has an outdoor with an extra basking lamp in his greenhouse etc. and that's where he spends the majority of his time.

My indoor is an extra in case I need it, when the nights are too cold for instance, he will sleep there. Or in case he is ill or something like that.