How big will my hermann get?

Herman_WA

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Hello! How big will my hermanns tortoise grow to be? Right now he is about 6 inches, and I have no clue about his age. Will he get any bigger than what he is now?

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Hello! I am a new hermanns tortoise owner. Although this is my second day owning my little Franklin, I do know that if your hermanns tortoise is a male he will he 5 - 8 inches when full grown. If your hermanns tortoise is a female, they will get to grow a bit bigger than the males at around 5 - 10 inches; if you don't know your hermanns gender, look at its tail. If it is curled and tucked in its shell it is a male. If it is held out of its shell, it is a female. If you aren't able to tell just post a picture and I will be able to. Hope this helped, FranklinTheTortoise

Herman_WA

Washington
Thanks so much for your reply! He is a male. Thanks! By any chance would you be able to tell his age by his size?

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
I am presuming you then got Archie from a pet store? I got my Franklin from a local petsmart so. If you don't know the hatch date of the tortoise it can be difficult telling its age. Although, maturity for a RT is reached after 4-5 years, that is when they are full grown. You say he is about 6 inches, so he still has a good 2 inches to grow before he is full grown. So, I can estimate he is about 2-3 years old. :tort:

Herman_WA

Washington
I am presuming you then got Archie from a pet store? I got my Franklin from a local petsmart so. If you don't know the hatch date of the tortoise it can be difficult telling its age. Although, maturity for a RT is reached after 4-5 years, that is when they are full grown. You say he is about 6 inches, so he still has a good 2 inches to grow before he is full grown. So, I can estimate he is about 2-3 years old. :tort:
Thanks! And yes, I got him from a local petco. Yeah he's a bout 6 or 7 inches. I have been wondering this ever since I got him! Thanks so much for your reply!

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Thanks! And yes, I got him from a local petco. Yeah he's a bout 6 or 7 inches. I have been wondering this ever since I got him! Thanks so much for your reply!

No problem man. I hope you live a happy life with your tortoise. ?