How Big Was Your RT When You Got It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
How big was your RT when you got it? How big is it now? How much time has passed since you got it? Any idea how old it is?

I got both my RT's from pet stores, they told me both were around five years old, but they don't really know. My male is 17.3 oz and my female is 17.65 oz. I just started weighing them. The male is just over four inches and the female is almost five inches SCL.

jcramirez

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
I got my babies really small.. One of them just about 1 week old.. 1 1/2 inch... I dont knw how many ounces.. The other one a couple months old, 2 1/2inch.. Now they have grown one inch over 3 months..
I dont know the exact hatch date but im on that.. Im trying to contact the guy who sold them to me...

JR

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
My guys were a little less than 4 inches last April when I got them, and now they're a little over 4 inches, with the female having grown more than the male (as you'd expect for Russians). They weighed around 300 g last year, and now although the male doesn't weigh much more, the female weighs over 500 g.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Blastoise said:
How big was your RT when you got it? How big is it now? How much time has passed since you got it? Any idea how old it is?

I got both my RT's from pet stores, they told me both were around five years old, but they don't really know. My male is 17.3 oz and my female is 17.65 oz. I just started weighing them. The male is just over four inches and the female is almost five inches SCL.

My RT was 4 inches when I got him 4 years ago. He's just over 6 inches now. I don't know what he weighed when I got him, but he's 415 grams now. I'm guessing he's around 9-ish years old, but he was WC, so I'll never know for sure.

This is how he looked when I got him:

ry%3D480

And this is him now:

ry%3D480

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
GeoTerraTestudo said:
By that, I take it you mean, he has not grown significantly, because it's only been 4 months?

Yes. :p

mctlong said:
My RT was 4 inches when I got him 4 years ago. He's just over 6 inches now. I don't know what he weighed when I got him, but he's 415 grams now. I'm guessing he's around 9-ish years old, but he was WC, so I'll never know for sure.

This is how he looked when I got him:

And this is him now:

Very nice :)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Nice growth, Shelly. Looks like excellent husbandry on your part. And judging by how dark he is, I take it he lives outside. Am I right?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mctlong said:

What an incredible improvement in the health of his shell and no doubt the rest of him.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Awww, thanks guys. Yep, he's an outdoor tort, 24/7.

I have a special place in my heart for this little guy. He came to us with a rotted plastron, dehydration, and a hefty parasite load. Once we got his health sorted out, he really started thriving. His little personality just melts my heart. I l love him to pieces. :)

ry%3D480

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mctlong said:
Awww, thanks guys. Yep, he's an outdoor tort, 24/7.

I have a special place in my heart for this little guy. He came to us with a rotted plastron, dehydration, and a hefty parasite load. Once we got his health sorted out, he really started thriving. His little personality just melts my heart. I l love him to pieces. :)

Such expressive looking eyes, looks like he is studying you and making some kind of a mischievous plan. :D

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Jacqui said:
Such expressive looking eyes, looks like he is studying you and making some kind of a mischievous plan. :D

The plan probably includes some way of escaping. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.