How big should I make my new enclosure

Location (City and/or State)
Lanzarote
Hi guys I recently got a Russian tortoise and I'm getting tort table for it just wondering how big the enclosure should be I have about 8 square feet in the room but if that's not big enough I can try make more space if needed. She's only 6 months old so I thing 8 square feet is beg enough for now, just want to get your guys opinion ???. Thanks!

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Pictures would help, but 8sqft should be good enough for a baby... eventually a adult Russian will need @32sqft or a 4'x8' enclosure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi guys I recently got a Russian tortoise and I'm getting tort table for it just wondering how big the enclosure should be I have about 8 square feet in the room but if that's not big enough I can try make more space if needed. She's only 6 months old so I thing 8 square feet is beg enough for now, just want to get your guys opinion ???. Thanks!
What method said...

Here is the current and correct care info: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
maybe a year more than the 8, give or take. Russian are big time roamers. They like and need the space.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
I did have the same problem with the size, but I think 30 inches x 40inches is good enough (that's what I read about!) I am NO PROFESIONAL

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I did have the same problem with the size, but I think 30 inches x 40inches is good enough (that's what I read about!) I am NO PROFESIONAL
again, this would work for a baby. this won't work for very long.

Lanzarote
Thanks for all the nice replies everyone I've just started getting into tortoises and love then already I am already looking at a 20 sqft enclosure and I am trying to make as much space as I can for my little torts enclosure ???