How and what type of heat source should I add here?

akeedmusic

Location (City and/or State)
Maldives
Hey guys any ideas on what type of Heat source I should add here and how? There’s a power source at the back, don’t know if you can see the wore

Attachments

• B5BFD5AE-AAD5-434E-8FBE-A38B51AEEEE5.jpeg
    B5BFD5AE-AAD5-434E-8FBE-A38B51AEEEE5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • C302F469-67AC-47FB-871E-162F5023E3B5.jpeg
    C302F469-67AC-47FB-871E-162F5023E3B5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 22CB7976-1DA3-4C1A-9191-C5F55D279C43.jpeg
    22CB7976-1DA3-4C1A-9191-C5F55D279C43.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What kind of tortoise?
The tort has to have room to get away from the heat.
I would also use whatever heat source with a thermostat

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey guys any ideas on what type of Heat source I should add here and how? There’s a power source at the back, don’t know if you can see the wore
It would not be safe to use any heat source in that socket. Its far too close to the tortoise.

The box looks like it might be too small, but if you can fit a 12x12 inch radiant heat panel, that would work. As Barb said, run it on a thermostat.

akeedmusic

Maldives
What kind of tortoise?
The tort has to have room to get away from the heat.
I would also use whatever heat source with a thermostat
I’ve got 2 Star Tortoise, the small house is connected by a bridge to the PVC tub. I’ve got the Govee Bluetooth/WiFi Hygro/Themometer inside. The temp and Humidity is constantly 85+/85+

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What size is the house? They should have room inside the house to get away from the heat if needed but still be able to stay in the house.
It looks too small for two adult Stars and tortoises should not be kept in pairs. One will bully the other to illness or death or it just won't thrive. If it's a Male and female pair the male will breed the female to the same detriment.

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
2, maybe even 3 is an unlucky number for tortoises. They ae not super social. if it is male- male or male- female, they really wont get along. If it is 2 females, they may tolerate one another,but would need lots of space to get away from one another. If you don't know their sex, you can send us a picture of their undersides.

akeedmusic

Maldives
What size is the house? They should have room inside the house to get away from the heat if needed but still be able to stay in the house.
It looks too small for two adult Stars and tortoises should not be kept in pairs. One will bully the other to illness or death or it just won't thrive. If it's a Male and female pair the male will breed the female to the same detriment.
They Have space, I’ve posted pics of their enclosure in another post. But just wanted to make a Heat Hide. But they rarely use it as they’re in their on spots in the enclosure. Just worried and wanted to make sure they have the best enclosure possible
2, maybe even 3 is an unlucky number for tortoises. They ae not super social. if it is male- male or male- female, they really wont get along. If it is 2 females, they may tolerate one another,but would need lots of space to get away from one another. If you don't know their sex, you can send us a picture of their undersides.

Attachments

• 826873C7-B5DF-432E-960B-88A9731195BF.jpeg
    826873C7-B5DF-432E-960B-88A9731195BF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • EE0920D4-1E1E-49B2-9784-8D3F25A4DCCB.jpeg
    EE0920D4-1E1E-49B2-9784-8D3F25A4DCCB.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9

akeedmusic

Maldives
They Have space, I’ve posted pics of their enclosure in another post. But just wanted to make a Heat Hide. But they rarely use it as they’re in their on spots in the enclosure. Just worried and wanted to make sure they have the best enclosure possible
Both Females and have been together for 21 years. They definitely have their own space

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Then I think they'll be fine, and it looks like they have plenty of spaces to hide. Just wanted to make sure

As for the heating, I have heard that very small radiators are an option, but you need to protect it with a small box so your tortoises won't burn themselves. I have also heard about putting a small tub of water by the heater to raise humidity. I hope this helps.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you have real cold temps then a small portable radiator style heater will warm it enough. You would have to protect it from the torta touching or tipping it. Otherwise the type that Tom mentioned would work if it doesn't get real cold.

akeedmusic

Maldives
Then I think they'll be fine, and it looks like they have plenty of spaces to hide. Just wanted to make sure

As for the heating, I have heard that very small radiators are an option, but you need to protect it with a small box so your tortoises won't burn themselves. I have also heard about putting a small tub of water by the heater to raise humidity. I hope this helps.
Thank You for the help guys, Truly appreciate it ❤️❤️❤️. Never knew about this forum, glad to meet other tortoise lovers ??